Wednesday, October 11, 2006

NYC 1

Alright…well the weirdest/neatest things happen to me on these trips. So, yesterday, I’m at the airport checking in and who comes up in line behind me? My friend Daniel…we get to talking and we’re both going to NYC. He works for Viacom/MTV and sold his company to them. He’s here for a big video game promotion tomorrow and I’m here for my dinner. Know what’s even weirder…we’re staying at the same hotel. You may remember him from a previous post. We both live in the same small town, but only happen to run into each other in places like LA and NYC. Too Weird.

So, we get to NYC and his car is waiting for him and he’s like…c’mon you can ride with me – which is cool. We decide to go to the Rangers game (which was a great experience…Madison Square Garden) and had a blast! Well, the commissioner of the NHL was there (pic with Daniel) and so were some of the NY Mets sitting 2 rows over from us. Tom Glavine (above pic), Paul Lo Duca, and two other guys (can’t remember their names…oh well – I’m a Yankees fan, remember…) – anyway, everyone was trying to get autographs and pics etc. It was crazy! Needless to say the Rangers lost 4-2 to the Flyers. Oh well…early in the season…I wonder what will happen today?

I will let you know. ;)

3 comments:

lisa said...

Well, if your still wondering a small plane flew into a high rise on the upper east side. Wasn't there a plane inncident last time you were on a trip and ran into Daniel?

Johnny T said...

not too bad, not too bad at all.

f1rststory said...

um, yeah...that plane was in LA and crashed on the runway...funny how I get to be around these things at the same time they happen, huh?