Saturday, October 14, 2006

busy morning

alright, today we went to a soccer game (and quickly left because it is aweful...I'll explain in a sec), then went to get pricing on cabinets and countertops (but would up buying our wood flooring...I'll explain in a sec), found out we're going to the UT Alabama game next week and had a HUGE lunch. ;)

1 - Soccer - Why do people who know nothing about Soccer or coaching, coach soccer? I don't know either. We went to Lib's soccer game this morning which is a 3-4-5 league (which I used to coach in for 3 years in a row) and there is a herd of 3-4-5 year olds running all over a field, a small field. And by herd I mean about 20 kids on it at once (10 for each team)! OK, when I played soccer there were 11 on a team and the field was bigger than a football field. The field they are playing on is an 8th of a normal field. So there are 8 fields they could be playing on, yes the others were empty. When I coached, we divied up the players to where there were 3, 4 max, on a side on a little field against 3 or 4 on the other side. Everyone got to play, and they were broken up into skill level which made it fun for everyone. The guy coaching now has absolutely no idea what he's doing. Oh, you ask..."why are you complaining. Go coach them yourself." Well, I probably will next year. Although it is hard for me being gone all the time to be here to coach. So, if my travel is slowed next year, i will coach. That being said, we got there this morning and it was the "herd" playing, so we left. Ridiculous.

2 - We then decided to go get pricing on countertops. Well, we already have a quote for some granite for the whole house (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) which is a great deal. We're getting it direct from China and avoiding the usual markup. ;) We just wanted to know how good of a deal we're getting. Well, it is awesome. We are getting real granite for right at the same price as formica. Insane. So we stopped that and decided to price cabinets. Well, we got a quote whic hwas nice and happened to notice the hardwood and laminate flooring. After looking around, we saw some closeout laminate in the corner and went to go look at it. Oh my. It was $3.69 a sqft and was marked down to $1.99 a sqft and it was NICE! 30yr wty, grooved grain, wide long planks...wow - all we could say. Well, We went ahead and bought enough for the whole 1st floor and got it for $1.69 a sqft (I know the people well at the store and they gave us a better deal). That included padding, etc. Amazing. The only reason it was discounted was because they didn't carry that manufaturer in store anymore. Wow. Insane. If they would have to order it again it would be at the $3.69 price...they just wanted to get rid of what they had, so I went ahead and got it while I could.

3 - Football - Lisa was asked today (by people we don't know) at work if we wanted tickets to the UT Alabama game on saturday. She called me, "Uh, duh? Yes, we want them." So, we are going next week. Now, i just have to decide what to wear. Crimson or Orange? hmmmmm...hahaha - I'll wear orange. i just hope it's a good game. ;)

4 - Lunch - It was a nice hearty Bojangle's lunch today. ummm, ummm, good. That's all I got to say about that.

2 comments:

Johnny T said...

yeah, well i've got a stack of free boberry biscuit coupons.

lisa said...

Share the wealth! ;) I LOVE Boberries!!!!!