Monday, October 30, 2006

good thoughts

Don't ever confuse the two, your life and your work. That's what I have to say. The second is only a part of the first.
~Anna Quindlen, A Short Guide to a Happy Life, 2000(1953 - )

Seeing how today is the last day of my current job, I found this quote very fitting. And it is true. Since starting out in the biz world being self-employed, it is a natural tendency for me to feel that life and work are the same. Of course, with the job I am finishing, I have come to realize that it's not. People want to know me for me, not because of work. Which is cool. It has been hard over the past few months declining job offers from various places because I felt that it would be hard to separate life and my then current work. I now feel totally relieved about my journey into my new venture/position (which a month or so ago, I didn't).

I'm sure I will go into more detail in the days/weeks to come, but felt I had to share this. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim, hope you enjoyed your first day in your new adventure!
See ya,
Love, Mom

Johnny T said...

how do you start the first day of a whole new beginning work wise? IHOP, A good run, or what?

Anonymous said...

As far as I can tell...contemplating a run over a good book ;)