Wednesday, October 18, 2006

India...

OK, so today I am actually in Virginia attending a conference about doing business with India. Why am I here? No Clue. Heheh - Other than to learn about international trade. This is actually part of their international Business Program at this college. Hopefully I will learn something. Wait I remember why I’m here. Free breakfast & lunch…yeah that’s why I agreed to come. Hahahaha What’s funny is that most of the companies here presenting are from Tennessee. Eastman, a company in Knoxville, and a couple from the Tri-Cities. So why is this in VA? Again, no clue. But I am about to learn all about India. The only thing I know so far is that they can’t drive. Here are a few facts on India:

Supposedly 5000 years old, 325 languages spoken, 29 states, 576B GDP, world’s largest democracy and 4th largest economy, largest English speaking nation in the world.

Just a couple of FYI’s for you. Hinduism, then Buddhism, then Christianity, then Muslim – is the order of religions that came into India. Used to be a British empire, too. Oh well, for more info feel free to look it up sometime. Pretty interesting. They also had the world’s first university. They developed navigation, supposedly invented medicine and surgery (like C-sections, artificial limbs, anesthesia, etc.).

Yoga – another thing from there, developed in sanskrit. But Yoga, misunderstood today. Also Martial Arts started in India. Kung Fu, began from an Indian monk. I didn’t even know that, and I studied a style of KungFu for a long time (Shao Lin Quan) – who knew?

OK – I’m getting tired of typing while they are talking…if anything else comes up interesting I’ll add it. ;)

“An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.” – Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Maybe we'll go visit one day...

1 comment:

lisa said...

I like curry.....anywho.