Sunday, October 22, 2006

catchup and vegas

Yep – so I know I need to make up for missing yesterday so here goes.

First, I have lost my memory card out of my phone and I am so ticked. I am typing this on the airplane while listening to my ipod and I wanted to get pics and stuff ready and now I can’t. Oh this ticks me off beyond belief. No pics of my trip until I get back, or unless I can get one while I’m here. Which I probably can. Anyway, yesterday…

First we got up in the morning and went to a pancake breakfast with my mom (which was funny because I learned the “pancake” dance the other day when I was teaching the crunk). We ate and then got on the road and went to NC to drop the kiddos off at the other mom’s and by 10:30/11ish we were off to see this thing called a football game. Well, it was great, we got there and got our “usual” spot, which is a good spot, btw, and got some food and some “Beat BAMA” buttons, which I did wear (seeing as how the tide is my #2 team). It was an exciting game, for sure! And we had awesome seats! And they were cheap…way cool. The only problem I had was this super obnoxious guy who sat right beside me second guessing every call made and wanting to take over the team. He was about my age, and I am guessing that he’d never even played football in his whole life. He didn’t even know the plays he was talking about or the calls the officials were making etc., saying, they’re giving the wrong signals for such and such – the whole game. Now I know there was bad officiating (at least according to all the people around us), but every play throughout the whole game? Doubt it. We left at the end of the game and drove back to NC to pick up the kids and then got home late and went to bed. Which was nice, yesterday was a long day (which explains the non-post). I got up this morning, and had to get ready (and pack…hahahah) for my trip. I will be back sometime weds., so another whirlwind…should be fun. I was even planning on taking a new cell phone t try out while I was away (a new Mobile 5.0 phone) but I forgot it and am still using my treo (which sucks still…don’t buy one – at least not the windows one – I don’t know about the palm version, but then again, I don’t know why anyone would still be using one of those anymore since they’re a bit outdated. Oh, yeah, I do actually. They work and the phone part probably works well….hahahaha enough of my tirade).

So, if I get a new mem card soon, I will put up pics of the game…I also have a cool video too I’ll try to post. The whole crowd is chanting “you suck, BAMA” instead of like “let’s go, BAMA”, which was funny and when we scored the TD the place erupted…like a little MT ST Helens. Hahahahha

And now, drum roll please……….

It’s actually Sunday so it’s time for a little rhyme:

Sitting in the plane, earphones on
Listening to the surf punks “Party bomb”

A nice collection of fast, witty tunes
Enjoying a remake of “beat on the brat”
About another hour, should be landing soon
I’ll be in Vegas, viva itself
Fun in the desert, hope I don’t melt

Maybe I’ll come away with more cool swag
If not at least something to wipe my head, maybe a do-’rag.

I’m writing another book, did I tell you all that
About an average American and his big cowboy hat.

OK – song change to the offspring, gotta go
These guys rock, you need to see them at a show

HAHAHAHAHAH

out

No comments: