Tuesday, December 27, 2005
1 - End every statement you make with the word "fool".
2 - Begin every statement you make with the phrase "yo mamma".
Ummmm...and if you are playing either one of these games, it's best if everyone knows you're playing. For example, we were playing #1 today with Lisa's family and her mom came in and asked me a question and I responded "What did you need, fool?"
- Just remember, make sure everyone knows...saves a lot of explain time and needless beatings...
Friday, December 23, 2005
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
I cannot get the freakin' 'Love Boat' theme song outta my head...
Love, exciting and new Come Aboard. We're expecting you. Love, life's sweetest reward. Let it flow, it floats back to you. Love Boat soon will be making another run The Love Boat promises something for everyone Set a course for adventure, Your mind on a new romance. Love won't hurt anymore It's an open smile on a friendly shore. Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! (hey-ah!) Love Boat soon will be making another run The Love Boat promises something for everyone Set a course for adventure, Your mind on a new romance. Love won't hurt anymore It's an open smile on a friendly shore. It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's the Love Boat-ah! It's the Love Boat-ah!
It just hit me that I talked up my Jeep so much, that not only were people offering me almost twice what I paid for it (including upgrades), but that when I refused, they are actually going out and buying their own. Hilarious! I am curious as to how long they will keep theirs. And I know none of them will put 600+ miles in it on a single trip - (see my other post about that).
Ahhh, now if I could only profit from this somehow...without selling mine. ;)
Oh yeah - and for 2 things TX...
1 - I am a trendsetter
2 - I'm modest
Saturday, December 17, 2005
If you were checking out Lisa's blog during the "repair" time earlier...sorry, you can blame the pixie.
Thursday, December 15, 2005
I am going to list a topic and then everyone can put their 2 cents in (unless your name is 01cent, then you'll have to comment twice...hahah) .
What's the topic you ask? We'll get to that in a second. First let me explain why I am doing this. I have had a couple of requests to continue posting - the last one was a couple of days old. So I said, "OK, I'll post." The only problem is that I have nothing to say. So I'm beating my head against the wall - but the only thing I could think of was the pain it was causing - and I decided to have a topic of the day for the times when I cannot think of anything at all, but need to keep this thing going. Because I know you all really enjoy some of this... ;)
Feel free to comment your hearts out. Now for the topic -
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery" ?
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Now, here's a pic...
Now John, you're mentioned AND have a pic on here too! :)
Oh yeah - and for the 2 things tuesday...
1. Surfing in hawaii was on my top 10 list (been there done that).
2. I need to find a way for my passport to catch up to Lisa's. She is 2 countries ahead of me... hahaha
Monday, December 12, 2005
never mind the date on the pic...
Oh, did I say this thing was stupid fast? Well, it is. ;) I'll not bore you with all the stellar options/upgrades/improvements on this b/c I know you either (A) don't care (B) wouldn't understand or (C) be super jealous.
Whenever you come around, if you wanna ride let me know - I think you'l like...
btw - the new Narnia movie is really good. I think it actually does justice to the book. Consider it highly recommended by me (not that it really matters what I think..but still).
Friday, December 09, 2005
1. When you spill chocolate milk on water proof seats (which my jeep has) it doesn't hurt the seats at all, but when your cell phone is in the seat (a very expensive pocketPC phone...) it smudges the screen and prevents the camera from spinning around and gets your ear wet when your put it up to hear for the first time after the spill. And the fact that the inside of my Jeep is Rhino-lined really worked well today too.
2. A Jeep Wrangler is not a long distance travel vehicle. It's great for off-road and around town driving, but for going 600 miles - in one day..not good. Earlier I mentioned my seats were waterproof, notice I did not mention they were super comfortable (or very comfortable for that matter ;) ) .
3. PayDay candy bars are not nearly as good as they used to be. 3 bites and mine was in the trash. I'm not sure if it has to do with me eating less sweets and not liking them as much or if it was the fact that I was craving something sweet and it was very salty. Anyway, into the trash it went and I'll not buy one again.
4. Listening to the radio really loud when it's static-filled and not exactly on the right station doesn't sound as bad in a Wrangler going 75mph as it does when it's going 50mph. No, I do not have a hard top and no, I don't always reach over to scan the stations. Sooner or later one comes in clear for a while, and since you're primarily hearing wind - it doesn't really matter anyway. But it does allow you time to think - only problem is, on a 600 mile road trip, I ran out of things to think about... ;)
5. You can never have too many ratchet straps. I took 4 with me to strap the bike onto my luggage carrier for the bike and had to use 5. The guy I bought the bike off of let me have an extra...which brings me to number 6...
6. My luggage carrier for my Jeep is really not meant for motorcycles, it's meant for luggage. I guess that's why it has the name "luggage carrier".
7. Gas is ~20 cents cheaper per gallon in GA than here. No idea why, but to make sure I got the most bang for my buck, I filled up 2x in that state - well, really 1.5 times, i just put as much in as I could the second time before I left there.
8. I'm not too big to get on a stock XR50 and ride it. Really ride it - smallest bike I've ever been on.
I think Luke is really going to like this, and Libby too for that matter. You can adjust the throttle and everything (so none of you moms have to worry too much) which takes the edge off the speed. Luke's body armor (plastic chest protector) came today and his helmet will be here monday - i think his boots will be here then too. So he'll be safe and set. I'm not going to let him ride without the helmet. So, this weekend - he'll just have to watch me show him what it can do - oh well, one of us has to use it... ;)
Lisa has been working with the ONE campaign (www.one.org) and got our city involved (she's like the local rep for it) and you can read more about it on her blog Saturday. I'm just mentioning it b/c I'm proud of her for what she's doing with it and getting stuff done with it and having other people become excited and really start to help out.
Last but not least, we are going to a closed showing of Narnia - the lion witch and wardrobe in the morning and I am super excited. We're taking Luke (he's only heard the book(s) 10 times and seen the original movies 2 or 3 times) and he's excited too. We're all hoping that the animation and SpecFX are good. I'm realy hoping they do the series and not just this one movie, there's so much potential there.
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
And now for something completely different...
We bought Luke a motorcycle to start riding and MXing with. He is really starting to get into it and I think this may be something he totally enjoys doing. I'm picking it up Friday (I sold my Pepsi machine to get it ;) ) but I think it's going to be worth it and what's funny is that Libby has been hearing him talk about it and she even went and looked at them with us and she wants one too - although she is definitely too young and too small for one (without training wheels). We're not making it a Christmas present - we're just getting it now b/c of the great deal I got on it. I could probably sell it next week and make $300 on it if I wanted - so worst case scenario is that he really doesn't like it and we break even. Pretty good deal. Now if only I could settle on one....
Saturday, December 03, 2005
Anyway just thought I'd share - I think most of you know who I'm talking about - and if you don't, then you can quit reading here. Actually you can all quit reading here because I'm done with the post...