Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Jeeps, Jeeps and more Jeeps...

OK - Today I realized I am a real trend-setter. ;) Well, maybe not really, but by golly I'm taking credit for it. For those of you who know, I have a Jeep Wrangler. For those of you who don't...well, there shouldn't be any of you, because I just told you. Anyhoo, I have a nice '95 Wrangler Rio Grande 4 cyl (low end, I know), daylighters, rhino-lined, waterproof seats, etc. , it's pretty nice. Well, people are always asking me about it, wanting to buy it, etc., and I always say "No, go get your own and make it yours". Well, at first I didn't think much of it when one of the guys here went out and bought a Wrangler (about 4 months ago, a 2003 model). Then, more recently (2 weeks ago), one of the girls here bought a new 2006. I found out today that 2 other people here are looking at Wranglers - 1 is definately buying a new one and the other is at a 90% in buying one. I'll try to get pics - I made the comment to my cousin that we're going to have a fleet of Wranglers instead of company vehicles soon. Very funny. He made a comment about "puppets on strings" (or something to that effect ;) )....hahahaha

It just hit me that I talked up my Jeep so much, that not only were people offering me almost twice what I paid for it (including upgrades), but that when I refused, they are actually going out and buying their own. Hilarious! I am curious as to how long they will keep theirs. And I know none of them will put 600+ miles in it on a single trip - (see my other post about that).

Ahhh, now if I could only profit from this somehow...without selling mine. ;)

Oh yeah - and for 2 things TX...

1 - I am a trendsetter
2 - I'm modest

heh heh

9 comments:

Johnny T said...

Don't expect me to ever have a wrangler of my own-i'm dedicated to Rovers

lisa said...

penny...you're so sweet!

Johnny T said...

whoa-we posted at the exact same time

f1rststory said...

the same time - 3 times no less....

And penny, you are sweet...

Tonya said...

1-you're a fast talker and should be a salesman
2-I laughed so hard i peed my pants

I got my own blog now

Tonya said...

you didn't have your 2 things up will AFTER i posted that...don't even try it.
Geez- I say something to lisa in passing and then all of a sudden EVERYONE had to go editing their posts to make it look like they didn't forget...what a bunch of post post-changers!

Johnny T said...

MAN! You really should bought that "It's All About ME" shirt

f1rststory said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

JT - get that for me - I'll pay you back... ;) It's was at one of the MauiBuilt Surf Shop places.... HAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

OK Tim, I am here to burst your ego bubble. I'm sorry but we wanted the jeep before we saw yours and Kevin actually had a couple in the past but if it makes you feel better...... :)