Saturday, December 03, 2005

What's the dam name of that school again...????

I know I know...and no I didn't spell it wrong...there really is a school with dam in it's name. Anyway, we were just there. It's in a budding metropolis in NC and a good friend of mine is a basketball coach there. We went down to visit them this weekend and give him a surprise birthday party. And he WAS surprised. What was super funny though is that he didn't catch on, even though his whole family and my family were there staying at his house. He's used to his family all coming by and we told him this was the only time before Christmas we could come and he didn't think twice about any of it. And he was surprised! Lisa, me and 2 of his brothers were all in the truck with him when he realized we were tricking him as we pulled up to his party - and that was funny! You could tell he really had no clue. He got some really funny gifts because he is pretty old (hahahah - way older than me). The funniest was the red speedo's (like another friend of mine used to wear a lot - I won't mention any names, but his "411" blog is linked below - and not that I ever saw them on him either - I just heard about it...) that had "the coach" written on them. Very funny - especially if you knew this guy - 6' something and 200+ lbs.

Anyway just thought I'd share - I think most of you know who I'm talking about - and if you don't, then you can quit reading here. Actually you can all quit reading here because I'm done with the post...

5 comments:

lisa said...

I don't think it was a speedo, I believe that was a thong, you should know the difference ;)
He also got a real live rooster, the locals called it an alarm clock. He should have got a turkey. In all my life I have never seen more turkeys. Their everywhere! Herds! I had flash backs of Botswana :) It was a good trip, just too short.

Wendy said...

Is penny living with turkeys? And I don't think that I have ever seen a speedo with words on it!

f1rststory said...

uhhhh...other than the word speedo??? ;)

lisa said...

I'm telling you that was no speeedo! and we all know she lives with a giant turkey.(smiles) I hope they get their internet working so they can enjoy this.

Anonymous said...

speedo-man . . . the good ol' days.