Sunday, November 27, 2005

832, 10-7.

What a weird title.

Anyway, fyi that's been my badge number for the last 5 years with the sheriff's office and 10-7 is the code you use when going off duty. I sent in my official resignation tonight and I am out of law enforcement. I may get back into it later, and that option is available to me, but for now - i just don;t have the time and interest I used to. It's been a great ride, I've seen and done more than most people could or would want to, to tell you the truth. "Cops" does nothing for the real stuff that goes on and physically being involved in it is even more of a rush than seeing it on TV. I've seen funny stuff, smart stuff and very dumb stuff. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are. And they're not always the "bad" guys either - some things are just dumb becuase they aren't thought through or because they're a bit ironic.

Take something I saw today for example which was quite funny. #2 and I were out Christmas shopping and decided to get get some stuff for people at Target. When we walked in the front door, we noticed the security guard (no i'm not going to slam the security guard) standing there. The presence of security is usually a good thing and it is in this case too, but what was funny was that his uniform was a nice dress blue (not fatigues) with the shiny badge and all, but on his sleeves were "Target Security" patches, instead of department patches. I started laughing out loud and #2 asked me what was so funny - instead of a badge or star or something "normal" in the patch, there was a big "target" symbol. I told #2, "how appropriate for the security to be a walking target, literally". You really have to see this for yourself at your local target (if they do it there) - it is funny. Like the badge isn;t enough to shoot at, there are "targets" on the side too.

Anyway, not to make a huge blog - i just thought i'd let you in on something that happened today.

7 comments:

lisa said...

Yes he did have a target on his sleeve but one would have to be a excellent shot to hit it especially as he was dust bustting the entrance carpet. For real, the real crook here is Target.. #1 didn't tell you that we were robbed! On the way home I was just curiously looking over the receipt and happen to noice we were charged 4 times for the same item! It was cool though, we called. Tim had to go back and they gave us our moeny back. No questions asked. SO! Check those receipts people!!!

Steve said...

I'll be looking for this.

Wendy said...

Steve said he was going to ask one of the guards, "How do you feel about that on your arm?"

lisa said...

Don't get me started with the whole "Happy Holidays". Although, iI like it better than Virgin Mobile's commercial where they say Merry Christhanakbuudamommahinduquaza... (notice it is not quoted) I don't know what they are saying but I get their point that they are trying to incorporate everyone. I'm not one to want to leave people out but can't Christians have their own holiday and then all the other religions have their own too. Why do we have to share Christmas with people who hate what Christ stand for? I guess they don't want to share it , they want to change it. Gosh..now I'm just mad. Thanks!

Steve said...

Season's Greetings, ya'll!

murph411 said...

Whew, it's finally safe for me to come back and visit JC. (smiles)

What was it that Raymond said in Rainman? "Kmart sucks"? I wonder what he would say about Target...

murph411 said...

I LOVE your new profile pic!