Monday, September 04, 2006

time to think...

In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.
- Leo Tolstoy

Today is Labor Day and it's a sad day in the world. I'm sure you heard that Steve Irwin died today while filming a new underwater documentary. Steve Irwin, in case you didn't know, was the famed "Crocodile Hunter". He was 44. He died totally doing what he loved and I don't believe he had too many regrets with what he did and made of his life. This has me thinking...

Do I take breaks and stop work and look around? Am I doing what I love? Do I enjoy life to the fullest? Will I have any regrets later on in life? Do I appreciate what I have?

Not sure...but I do know this, I am going to start enjoying life more and enjoying what I have more. Are you?

5 comments:

lisa said...

heck ya! ;)

Kel said...

Dang, there is no critiquing Tolstoy. Good choice, a true literary master! Did you know I read Anna Karenina about 5 months ago. It is truly a work of art that everyone should read. Period.

Anyway, I felt sick when I read about Steve Irwin today. Man, talk about a crappy way to start your day. I was such a massive fan. I remember when I was about 18 I was having kind of a rough time...staying up until 3 or 4 am, sleeping til noon...The Crocodile Hunter kept me company. The worst part is that I really feel for his family. After he and Terri got married it was as if I knew her too. He loved his family so much and it showed. They were an integral part of his life and his show! Did you know they taped and aired the birth of their daughter? Anyway, he was awesome and a great guy despite all of the child endangerment crap. I'm still kind of in shock and I've had all day to digest it.

Kel said...

P.S. some Aussi friends of ours went to their zoo in Queensland, they brought us a fridge magnet that was Steve's shirt with a bite taken out that says "crikey!" on it.

f1rststory said...

hahahahah - how funny..."crikey!"

Wendy said...

I really liked his shows and that is so sad.