Friday, September 08, 2006

not really funny, like ha ha...

so, it's 3am here in Seattle and I am up. I have 3 hours before I can start setting up our stuff that we are to do here. I also have 3 hours to hopefully get our stuff.

You see, I was going to check everything in luggage (which was why I bought & packed everthing the way I did), but I was persuaded by a couple of people at the office to just "ship it all". Yes, it would be easier at the airport, no it wouldn't get lost, etc. Well, guess what...it's not here. I don't know why, but i can't sleep because i am wondering if it will get here on time to show to people. AAAGGGHHH!!! What I'm really worried about is that it may not be here today, which leaves monday for it to get here when everything is pretty much done - then I will have to miss my flight to make sure I get it to bring back home. THIS SUCKS! And what makes it all worse is that it was all overnighted and should have been here. I got 2 out of the 3 boxes - and the one I didn't get is the MAIN one.

Oh well, I'll just have to make due with what I have...in the meantime I just hope they find my $8000 box.

OK - enough about my crap...here's a joke that kinda relates...

There was this guy at a bar, just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half of an hour.Then, this big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and just drinks it all down. The poor man starts crying. The truck driver says, "Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand to see a man cry.""No, it's not that. This day is the worst of my life. First, I fall asleep, and I go late to my office. My boss, outrageous, fires me. When I leave the building, to my car, I found out it was stolen. The police said that they can do nothing. I get a cab to return home, and when I leave it, I remember I left my wallet and credit cards there. The cab driver just drives away.""I go home, and when I get there, I find my wife in bed with the gardener. I leave home, and come to this bar. And just when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drink my poison."

4 comments:

Johnny T said...

did it work out?

f1rststory said...

no - never use UPS

Kel said...

man, that "joke" was depressing!!!!
Sorry to hear about your box not showing up. Hope your week goes better.

Sweet Beth said...

i don't get jokes