Saturday, September 30, 2006

Teddybears inMotion

OK – so today I am helping some high schoolers in their leadership development. I’ve been doing this for several years now and really enjoy it. For the beginning of the meeting I am doing an icebreaker that seems like it might be pretty cool. This is only the second meeting for the whole year and the only other time these kids have met was during the orientation phase. So, the idea of this icebreaker is to get them out of their shell really quick. I’m taking an iPod and am going to play songs for them to dance to. Individually. Heheh - It should be pretty funny. And yes, I usually will do it first, so I know there’s going to be a big laugh there.

So, anyway, in preparing for this I needed to get some cool music for them to dance to and came across a band called the Teddybears. Wow! All I have to say. Way cool. I downloaded most of their stuff off iTunes. Really cool beats, and some different guest singers on songs. Very fun stuff! The main album they have out was only released last week, and I’m sure some songs off it will be popular.

So I get all of this ready and realize…hmmmmm now how am I going to play the iPod out loud. I need speakers. On to Best Buy. I found the coolest speakers for my nano. They are Altec Lansing inMotion IM500 speakers. Incredible! I mean, A-these speakers are as thin as a pen and otherwise about the size of a small book, and B-you should hear the sound. I had no idea. I was half expecting them to be tinny, and honestly, was planning on taking them back after using them. But, I’ll probably keep them. Very reminiscent of a Bose system. Needless to say – way cool. Although they were $130, but, they sound great & Lisa can put her nano in it to and listen during the day. They can operate off AC or batteries and they charge the nano at the same time.

OK OK – I know – sorry for this being a big commercial. And no, I don’t work for the speaker company or apple, and I’m not in the band, etc. I was just genuinely impressed. I mean, I really don’t need a home stereo system with the nano and IM500. They are my new home stereo system…hahahahahahaha

No comments: