Monday, July 24, 2006

mower update

well, i should have bought the higher end model mower. i found out today (after mowing 3 yards!!! - lasted ALL day) that the mower I bought does NOT, I repeat not - cut down trees. I mean, i thought these things could do anything - this bad boy even has cruise control - I mean...my jeep doesn't even have cruise control and it can do anything. Well, I drove over a tree stump and guess what - yep - the mower stopped. Yep, the blades bent - really bad. Yep, i went to Lowe's and bought some more. Yep, they asked why I needed more blades (since I just got the mower last night) so I had to go through the story. Yep, they laughed at me (glad I know almost everyone there). So, I had a good day. hahahaha I read the manual on how to change the blades and it was pretty complicated on taking the thing apart. So what did I do? You guessed it - I didn't do it by the book. I did it my way.
[hear Frank in the background...
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way
]
I backed that baby up on to my car ramps I use for changing oil etc., and reached under and changed the blades that way. Ahh yeah. Screw the manual. hahahahhaha I don't know why people have to make things out to be harder than they really are. Oh well. If the mower breaks down the next time i use it, i'll know that i should have taken it apart by the book. hahahaha - then i'll just take it back and exchange it.

former skater boy - now lawnmower boy (lmx)...out

No comments: