Friday, July 14, 2006

Boston IV

well, this is the last post on Boston. what a great week. I don't have all the pics i want on here to show you, but as soon as i get them i will try to put them up. We learned how to play cricket and this pic is of allan learning how to bat...very funny. Especially with the undersized hat. Outside it was pouring and maybe there is something to walking while bending over to stay dry but it doesn't seem to work that well for me. And I got to meet Eddie Pope and won a soccer ball signed by him. I also won another MP3 player... ;) The only thing is, Allan wants to buy this one for the company...I know, I know, weird...but...I'm ok with it. HAHAHAHAHA


So, for the end of the conference MS had this HUGE party in the town plaza - all sectioned off, streets were closed etc. It was soooo fun. All kinds of free food (like clam rolls - which are kinda clam hot dogs things that are awesome!). Free drinks and mix all that with about 12,000 people from all over the world and this was a good time waiting to happen. We had a concert by Train which was really good. And they were also on Good Morning America this morning too. This went on for a while and they did a cover of Led Zepplin's Ramble On which was AWESOME! A group of people from England were in front of us and weren;t sure who Train was etc and they would keep looking back since I was singing some of the songs and dancing a little - plus screeming out the "ROCK ON!" with both hands in the air to the LedZep song. They found my a little entertaing and started talking to us and dancing with us etc. I was wearing a tee-shirt which siad "te amo Peru" since I've lost some weight and it fits pretty good now, and people from Peru came up to me while we were dancing and started speaking to me in Spanish and dancing etc. I just smiled and nodded and kept dancing and so did they. HAHAHAHAHA - after a little bit they left and the British people started asking me what they were saying...i told them I had no idea, I don't speak Spaish. This sent them over the edge and they invited "Big & Rich" to go "clubbin". So away we went. They paid for everything outside the MS party, which was cool and had us help them close the bar down at 2 in the morning. I have not danced that much, ever I don't think. It was sooo fun. Rich has a pic of the group and us at the club, as soon as I get it I will post it. The one guy Simon ooks like Austin Powers and was about as funny too!

Today was a good flight back, pretty easy. And I had a great afternoon catching up on some stuff I wanted to do all week which was nice too. ;)

Now, on the way to FLA - St Pete. I will try to post while there too.

~ciao

3 comments:

Johnny T said...

I'm tired just reading all of that. I can't believe you saw train and Eddie Pope at a computer conference. Unbelievable.
have fun in Florida.

f1rststory said...

yeah...we're not all geeks...hahahaha

Steve said...

I have some friends who think I should think seriously about church planting or something in new England.