Tuesday, July 04, 2006

good times on the 4th... heh heh

first..i must let you know i am typing this all with my left hand. so if there are spelling mistakes...sorry. Why with my left hand, you ask? b/c my right one can't move...that's why. ;)

now for the update some of you have called about after reading lisa's blog. i wish i had apic although it would probably make you sick. anyway...i got 10 stitches in my right hand at approx 10:45 this morning. I'm sure that makes my total lifetime stitching over 150 if not closer to 200...50 is a big difference...i don't remember how many i had in my neck ... haha...

so how did it happen? well...we all decided to go skating this morning at the skatepark and i took both my boards, lisa had hers, luke had his board the libs had her scooter (she may never want to skate after today...hahahah). So we started at about 9a and were ripping it up...there were a couple of kids there...they were watching me and i was helping them learn how to air, etc. Well, i was kicking it on my reg board...got to a point where i ripped my vans...so i switched shoes on my feet (r on left, l on right) and that was working pretty good...the guys there were like...wow...very cool and you can still ride good like that. heh i decided to take a break and got the longboard out (which i can now kickflip, shuv-it etc btw) and went to the top of the hill for speed (wish i could get the cake distance song out of my head...) and off i went. I got toward the bottom and got a touch squirelly, hit a little rock and supermanned. I quickly got up (that means i'm ok, btw...i've had my share of concussions to know that when i don' get up...that's bad) and raised my right hand (think statue of liberty). i knew it was hurt. my arm was red andmy hand sliced wide open. Cool thing is that I have an identical matching scar (maybe a wee bit smaller) on my left hand from a vert accident 15 years ago. so we went to the hospital ER and i checked myself in and the nurse asked me...on a scale of 1-10, 1 being no pain, how do you feel? i said...ummm i guess 3. she said ok, can i see your wound? sure, i said, and i held my hand up and took off the towel and she almost fainted. a 3? she asked. yeah...it doesn't hurt too bad. if you don't know...i have a very high pain tolerance...always have. so i went bak and when the doc saw me, he saw my left arm and said...son, you ok? i said yeah...i just need stitches in my right hand. he was like, i see that, do we needto xray? anything else hurt? - i said, no, i mean, my right ankle is sprained and my back is ripped a bit, i did hit my head and you see my left arm. all i need is stitches in my hand, otherwise i wouldn't be here. ok, he said...let's get you stitched up. I was only there for an hour or so. Anyway it's all good. The doc asked me if i needed any pain meds and i said...nah, i'm good. he asked if he could write a rx and i said don't bother...i won;t fill it.

Yeah, i'm tough. ;) i've had worse...much worse. (had to throw that in-hahahaha)

there's your update. now we're heading off to JT's to cookout...and yes, skate some. hahahaha Let's just hope i don't fall on my hand...that really might hurt.

~l8r

4 comments:

lisa said...

So what does Tim do but gets back on his board and falls again, TONIGHT. He is fine though, this past fall was much more graceful.

I'm not sure what to do with him.

Johnny T said...

At least, we'll remember this Independence Day. Even without fireworks.

Wendy said...

You guys know how to make memories!

Kel said...

well, as my dad always says:
"If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough"