Sunday, July 23, 2006

Home...

So we got back today at 2pm after being stuck in a bad storm last night on our way here. We stayed in a hotel and made the best of it we could. I didn't get to put any pics up yesterday or the day before really of some things I really wanted to share, so here goes:

I have NEVER seen anyone metal detecting in water like this before...I was absolutely riveted!!

I took a few pics of this guy and people were watching me take pictures of him...crazy. I looked at them and simply said, "Hey, I've never seen a guy metal detecting in the water like this. It seems to me quite funny - wouldn't the tide wash out what he just thought he found?" Anyway, I think they thought I was making fun of him...but I wasn't really...really..hahahaha

And this was the coolest thing ever - a storm forming off of the gulf - you could actually make out the curvature of the storm etc. It went from neat to scary in like 5 minutes...way cool. Here's a before and after picture.

And lastly, after coming home to some yards that haven't been mowed in a while, I decided to break down and get a new lawnmower. This is the first riding mower I have ever had. I know, I know...why? Because I've never had a problem pushing the lawnmower - I'd get a $100 mower at Lowe's and it would last a few years and I'd be fine with it. But now, having to mow 2.5 yards, it just made sense and this thing is fast! I had no idea. If I knew these things were this much fun I would have gotten one years ago...hahahaha - it even has a cup holder. Way cool. It's not the top of the line or anything, but when you've never had one...anything's good! ;)

I'm not going in to work monday so I can mow, mow , mow my yards, gently down the street...hahaha - should be fun. A cupholder...this is going to be great! Of course, I am excited about going to work on Tuesday too, though - I have some stuff to do that I have been looking forward to all week!! Among the stuff is a new trade show display to design and business cards and shirts, etc. Oh how good tuesday will be...heheh.

OK - enough for now....I'm going to bed so I can get up and mow. Sweet!

5 comments:

newsoneal said...

Just one bit of advice about the mower. Stay away from the muffler! I have a 3 inch scar on my leg from brushing up against the muffler on our little riding mower when I was younger.

Johnny T said...

I totally forgot to mow your lawn before I left, I'm incredbly sorry that I didn't keep my word. I didn't even think about it until I read this post. Also, do you think it's cool if we use our computer since I copied the complete hard drive to an external harddrive right after the incident?

AmberShea said...

wow tim! i like that mower... from mx 2 lmx (lawn mower cross?) lol haha kinda corny but it works : )

lisa said...

No problem John, you saved us 50 bucks ;) If I knew Tim was gonna buy a riding mower and mow it the day we got back I wouldn't have asked you anyway. I thought I was going to be the one push mowing it when we got home and two weeks of growth would have been HARD!

Kel said...

man, kick ass storm picture!!!