Sunday, April 02, 2006

What a great day...

First, I would agree with the dumbass statement moreso than the straight ass statement. Thanks Kelly for clearing that one up. Gees...John...you even ate here friday...hahahahahaha.

Anyway, to further illustrate Kelly's point, I got Lisa to video me jumping the dirt hill. But, just for y'all, it's not on my bike, but Luke's. :) Yes, I figured I would live up to my D.A./redneck reputation. And you know what...that little engine pulled me up that big hill and even gave me some air! Unbelievable...yes I know. Maybe if y'all start being nice to me...I'll put video up of me and the big bike. ;) Just note - this is a 6MB file.

What's cool is that Luke saw me riding and jumping and started threatening me that if I broke his bike I would have to get him a bigger KTM and that he would not accept a fixed honda. This was very amusing (he really wants an orange MX bike). Then he proceeded to get on his bike and start riding around (for about an hour). NOTE: 22MB file - High Speed only.

Another amusing thing is that our neighbors came over (who are very cool, btw) and asked if they could ride my bike (which I obliged) and they even told me I could use their yard to ride in too! Can you believe it? I really am getting an MX track developed around here. Archie used to ride MX and is all about it. He even told me to find him a good used bike and he would buy it and we'd go riding. That's funny, yet cool. Anyway he opened it up through our 3 yards (which I did too and it is awesome, I must say) and his wife was telling him not to jump (he has back problems). He didn't, but I think it was because he was on my bike - after he gets his, he'll jump with me. hahahaha.

All this after an awesome day hiking up in the Laurels (after a good drive with the top off the jeep). Here are some pics. I even got sunburnt today. Ouch!

Totally worth it. :)

l8r


3 comments:

Steve said...

OK, I'm pretty jealous but I'm so thankful you guys are taking advantage of all that's around you. We should have all been hiking more--it would have been a great youth staff thing.

Johnny T said...

nice. If i can get over there when it's not raining, I'll if i can handle the bike.

Kel said...

I do what I can Tim. That clip of you riding Luke's bike, that is too funny! Hahaha, and I love your little laugh there in the back ground when you get air, that's funny.
Hey, did you know that the Laurels is my backyard? yep, we could hike up the other side. Our cabin is off of Okolona Rd. Just on the back side of the laurels. It would take about 5-10 minutes to get to Doe River from our place.