Wednesday, April 12, 2006

2 fer on Weds...

2fer on Weds...

That just doesn't have the same ring to it as 2 for tuesday - oh well. I missed yesterday, it was pretty hectic, so I will make up with my 2fers today. Here goes:

1 - For those of you that know abot my recent back injury. I think I'm fine. I'm not hurting enough to go to the doctor anymore.

2 - For those of you who don't know about the excrutiating pain I've been in, I'll tell you about it:

It all goes back to when I...~~~~~~(dream sequence)

happened to be at work one day and looked up from my computer. Eevrything seemed hazy. I felt a cool breeze embrace me which reminded me of summers on the farm when I was younger. I began hearing the rustle of leaves and smelling the fresh scents of springtime. To my delight, the sounds and smells were coming from within my office! I stood up and turned to see that my pictures had come to life. What joy! I couldn't believe my eyes. I decided to take a closer look and investigate this odd occurance further.


With closer evaluation, I noticed that indeed the trees were moving! Incredible! This had to be one of the most remarkable things I have ever witnessed. It was all coming alive. I decided to seize this opportunity and jump into the beautiful forest and soak in it's tranquil beauty. Luckily, I remembered to bring my camera along with me so that i would have proof of this adventure.

When coming into the forest, I almost stepped on the most beautiful flower I have seen. I was so excited, I took this picture up close. It turned out OK.

All of this excitement had me famished! I decided to go over to a small cafe I noticed out by a river. It was nestled just above the banks and allowed a sight that was virtually never-ending. You could see a tiny city on the other side of the river, which I made a mental note of to check out later.

At the cafe the waiter came up to me and spoke in an odd language, I couldn't quite figure it out. The harder I tried to understand him, the more it seemed very foreign. Finally I just stared at him and said "Bring me the house special." To my surprise, he smiled and nodded and seemed to know exactly what I said. And when he brought the food out I was somewhat excited, yet bewildered at the same time. Their house special consisted of Dr. Ahh! soda, 2 candy canes and 2 bags of BBQ peanuts. How odd. But I must admit, it was the best meal I had eaten and filled me up quite nicely.

I then asked for a newspaper so I could understand what may be going on in this odd land. And when my waiter handed it to me, I became very dizzy and puzzled. On the front cover of the paper was their newly elected president. This couldn't be right. Where was I? This question kept nagging at me. Why would a country elect this person. The face was so familiar, yet I couldn't put a name to it. For some reason, all I could think of was to call this person Ms. Wood. But I knew that wasn't the right name. After what seemed like hours reading about the new president and an odd news item about someone being sold counterfeit drywall, I asked the waiter who their new president was - the name was not mentioned at all in the paper. And then my jaw dropped as soon as he said the name. This couldn't be! Dolly Parton? I told him I'd be needing a 2nd Dr. Ahh! and to bring it right away.

The sun was starting to rise. I had been there all night and didn't even realize it. I decided to make my way over to the city on the other side of the river. Once there, an old building drew me near. How fascinating! I had suddenly had a slight time warp. I was now looking at a house that had been a hospital during the Revolutionary War. How odd. I walked around the house and studied it. I was very intrigued. I walked up to the house and of course it was locked. So, I bent down, eye-level with the keyhole and peeked in. Amazing! There were stacks of what seemed to be a type of styrofoam drywall. I had stumbled onto the counterfeit drywall manufacturing operation! I couldn't believe it! Of all the things possible to see and find, I found the motherload of illegal activity. I had just read the article and they had been trying to find this for years. I guess no one thought of coming across the river. Now I was engaged. I had to solve this mystery. I walked around the whole house. No one was there. I pushed on another, smaller door and it opened. Carefully, I peeked inside and to my relief, I was the only one inside. I started digging around for any kind of evidence I could find to help solve this case. In the corner of the floor, something caught my eye. I went over to investigate. I bent down and realized it was a piece of paper folded up. I unfolded it and looked at it. It had today's date on it! Whoever had this must have just left before I arrived. Upon closer inspection, it was an invoice. An invoice for Barnes & Noble. Why would a B&N invoice be here?

I heard the sound of cruching gravel and realized someone was coming. Quickly I ducked down toward the door I had entered. I peeked out and no one was there. I heard the door up front unlocking. This was it. I dove out the door and stumbled down the hill (this is where I hurt my back) and headed back across the river.

I saw the same waiter at the cafe that had served me the previous night. I asked how to get back to the forest I had come from and he gave directions and I could clearly understand them! Thanking him, I gave him the B&N invoice and told him what I had found. I had to get out of there. He was so happy. He immediately called the police. I left while he was talking on the phone about a reward. Soon, I was back in the forest, my back aching. I curled up in a little ball to relieve tension in my back and as soon as I did, i woke up...~~~~~~~(end of dream sequence)

That happened about a week ago and my back is just getting better. No, it had nothing to do with wrecking off of my new jump. ;)

l8r

6 comments:

Kel said...

I think I used to live in that house before they fixed it up. Hahahha.

I would be willing to bet it was the cowboy hat that hurt your back for real and you just don't want to admit it... ;)

Will you come and tell my kids bedtime stories?? You are too funny! (great flower pic by the way)

f1rststory said...

HAHAHA - you're too funny too!

lisa said...

uh...I don't think he took that flower pic.....just a guess, I should ask him................yeah, I was right.

Kel said...

Hahahaha! I was hoping to hear you took it with that new camera you brought home from the auction. Hahahaha. Did you take ANY of the pics on there? They're pretty good and quite artistic. I'm just two weeks away from the EOS! You should have bought the one at auction. Cannon doesn't have an EOS these days that is less than 3k (and most of those are 6mxpl). The ones I was looking at earlier were between 5 and 7k. If it was in good condition and working well, it would have been a REALLY good deal.

f1rststory said...

yeah - i just didn;t want to fork out the dough. And, I took al the pics in this post except for the flower one. ;)

KetoFitastic said...

Lutrevia Youth Cream If you body treatments then utilizing massage therapists who are qualified to offer this too. You will relieve the aches and pains own been feeling by soaking in a beautiful and calming room at a time best aroma and soothing music always keep you relaxed. At every stage of life use some kind of moisturizer. Young adults with acne can use aloe vera gel or juice as the natural free of oil moisturizer. Piles who are receiving skin dryness can plunge to a richer form of moisturizer merely add development or a couple of organic oil sunflower tea tree therefore. to the aloe gel for light natural hydrating. http://lisocleanseabout.com/lutrevia-youth-cream/