Saturday, April 29, 2006

Chicago...

Ok - I don't have as many pics as I would like but I did have a good time. Probably the best stuff I have is pics from a dinner I went to at the Metropolitan Club in Sears Tower. It was on the 60something floor. It took right around 5-8 seconds for the elevator to get up and down from there. Yes, my ears popped. Crazy. Anyway here are some pics:




The outside pics are from the Met windows...





















Oh and another thing happened. I was offered 2 jobs while I was there. One of which I turned down immediatlely b/c I didn't want to move to Manhattan - I know, crazy. The other one I didn't turn down, nor did I accept it either. But it's something I can still do on the side and in a way have been. I was asked to be on a speaking circuit and get paid real money. I've been speaking at some conferences and only get a couple hundred at a time. This offer was for serious cash to speak, at an annual conference, no less for one job. For a big company. It's totally something I'm thinking about.

Also, I took luke to a skatepark today and he can totally ride transitions! I was blown away. So, guess what that means. Yep, a 1/2 pipe going up in the backyard. He's already learning to ollie too! I think he'll be easy to teach airs and lip tricks to. I am so excited. At the park I kept giving him pointers and some of the kids there were giving him other tips too, some of which were wrong that I quickly pointed out and corrected them. This is where is gets funny. They said you have to skate to really understand how to teach someone, and, of course, I chuckled a bit and said I knew how to skate. They said show us - which I did. After that they were all asking me for tips. It was neat seeing Luke tell people, yeah that's my dad...he's teaching me. What's cool is that I know he will be way better than me, after seeing him go today.

l8r

4 comments:

Johnny T said...

that is awesome, not so much chicago (been there done that), but luke skating-that's awesome. well, the speaking thing is cool too.

lisa said...

Yeah, I can see Luke out our back window right now, he's working it hard! So Cute, Libby is standing there watching his every move.

Kel said...

your kids are cool.
Chicago? Serious cash? Go for it!

AmberShea said...

yo yo yo... im chillin in the big D. just thought i would shout ya a holla... umm i don't know where that came from but did you see that DVD i brought you guys? i thought it was pretty cool... Lisa and i were talking about one of the guys and luke was like "hush i need to here this stuff" the guys was talking about how to be a professional skater" i just thought that was funny. haha lol. ttyl ps aren't you a professional skater??? loljk