Friday, April 14, 2006

Ninja Parties With Pirates, Takes on ATF

Sometimes real life is better than fiction. Here is a case in point. I wish I would have made this up....I remember my Wesley Foundation days...good times...

From FOXNews.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

TACOMA, Wash. — Ninjas just can't seem to get a break from The Man.
At least when one's discovered running around at night on a college campus in black sweat pants with a couple of hankies on his head.

Jeremiah Ransom found this out the hard way when Federal Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearm agents detained him as a "suspicious individual" after they caught him, ninja gear and all, lurking around the University of Georgia campus, the Associated Press reports.
"It was surreal," Ransom said. "I was jogging from Wesley to Snelling (cafeteria) when I heard someone yell 'freeze.'"

But the feds soon found that Ransom wasn't a masked man hell-bent on mayhem — he was just a regular, law-abiding ninja who'd been hanging with some pirates at a campus event.
Ransom told the student newspaper he was on his way back from a Wesley Foundation pirate vs. ninja shindig when the was nabbed by gun-bearing agents, but was released soon after he was found to have violated no laws.

The agents thought something was fishy when they "noticed someone wearing a bandana across the face and acting in a somewhat suspicious manner, peeping around the corner" then breaking into a run, Vanessa McLemore, the ATF special agent in charge, said.

University Police Chief Jimmy Willamson said Ransom was wearing black sweat pants and an athletic T-shirt with one red bandanna covering the bottom half of his face and another covering the top of his head.

6 comments:

lisa said...

yeah. I remember your Wesley Foundation days...geeesh. I don't know any thing about pirates and ninjas (that's far too cool) but I do remeber hearing the story many many times from your Wesley friends about an incedent with you in heels, dress, and hose( I think a wig too) geting in a car accident. And, having to walk to the W.F. all dresed up. Didn't you end up scaring some poor old methodist ladies?

f1rststory said...

no, no, no.....

some of your details are wrong. Why don;t you just say this stuff to me in the house instead of typing it here? Crazy Woman! Yes, I scared some old ladies - before the car wreck. That was at the end of the night on the way home. That's why I never called the tow truck etc. Geeesh~! Now people will want me to post this story....

Johnny T said...

I've heard this debate before-who would win in a fight between a pirate and a ninja-well, I think it comes down to homefield advantage. A pirate will take out a ninja anyday on one of the seven seas, but if it's downtown china town then the pirate won't have a chance.

Kel said...

Hahahahaha, you'd think people would have something better to do...the ATF that is. The pirate and ninja thing is WAY cool. I think I'd want to be a pirate though, the costumes are cooler and there is a bit more diversity in that. Plus, there is much less discipline that comes with pirating, hahahaha! And as for a story about you in heels and scaring little old ladies, you are absolutely right, I want to hear it...as I am sure other faitful bloggers will as well! Tell tell, do tell, you're such a great story teller!

f1rststory said...

hence the last name... ;)

Kel said...

HAhaha, yeah, I thought about making a play on words with that one, but I figured it's been done...A LOT. Hahahahahaha! I like being original ;) j.k.