Thursday, November 02, 2006

i hat eit when things don't work

ok. so in celebration of my new venture, Lisa and I decided to get a Tivo. Supposedly they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well, I ordered one online from tivo.com, a cool one - it also has a DVD burner in it so you can burn the shows or movies you save to DVD and watch them whenever. It also has a wireless option and we can watch tv on our computers to. Pretty slick, huh? Well, it's supposed to be. After having this piece of crap for two days it still is not working and will not set up. Apparently you have to have a phone line (I mean who even has those anymore) for the initial programming. The only person I know who has one still is my mom. Si I go over to her house, let it do its thing last night and went over there at 6am this morning to pick it up and get it ready. I get home plug it up - nothing. Still doesn't work. Junk. So I am now back over at mom's house (using my mac which is awesome, batting .500 on the technical things) and just waited for 1.5 hours to download a new update and now it is processing it. Still. I am about ready to throw this thing away and I've not even used it yet.

On another matter, I think we have found the perfect office space for this new startup. It is way sweet. Curved walls, walls at an angle, lots of color...right up our alley. I even would have had a sale yesterday but was worried more about finding the right space. The guy said to definitely call him when we were ready because he already was. hahahahahaha This thing is going to be big. I've talked to a couple of people who are interested in coming to work for us already after just hearing rumors of what we're doing. After I explained it to them, they were like...yeah, i want in. hahahahaha I told them we may hire them, we may not. We don't know yet. I do have a new work email and I will send that out to people as soon as the website is redone and finished. I will send that link out as well.

So all is good right now...except for this stupid Tivo. But it looks like it's getting ready to reboot, so maybe that's a good thing. If not, you'll be able to find one in my dumpster - all yours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

breath, honey...breath ;)

Johnny T said...

i claim the tivo- and as for hiring, I'm assuming this is too techinical for me, or do you need somebody to sit on the couch and watch endless summer like the last time you hired me.

f1rststory said...

hahahahahaha - too funny john. I don't know - it might not be too technical for you. You could definately do sales or something like that. We won;t be "hiring" until later, but i'd love to talk to you about it.

and lisa, you know i don't have time to breathe. i just now got to eat today.

Anonymous said...

um, hey, my bro is looking for something new since he's taking 2 semesters off to get married...

Anonymous said...

hey yeah, Ken (tonya's brother) would be an asset.

Okay, so your business, are you selling to individuals, and are you selling software and accessories as well? It is literally imposssible to find MAC stuff here, and after Ross's mac laptop for 4 years now, we are hooked. We are planning on changing everything. A desktop and another laptop, so we'd buy from you, along with any of the accessories. I want the one with the little scanner on the front so I can use the delicious library and scan off of my books into the computer! Tell me when you are ready! Will you ship to Qatar?