Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Another Day in My Life...

Well, after yesterday's post - I went home and decided to rest my eye and take back the lawnmower. Well, I didn't rest my eye, but more on that later. I decided to take my lawnmower back to Lowe's and heaven help the person behind the counter if they were going to give me a hard time about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk in, and scan the customer service area (with one eye mind you). Good. Only one person in line in front of me. I wait, patiently. The person in front of me gathers their refund and walks off. I step up to the counter and the lady behind the desk looks at me and asks, "Can I help you?"
"Yes. Yes, you can help me. I need to return my lawnmower and get a new one." This statement would be the test, I thought. I wondered how she would react. She just looked at me. Then she looked around, her eyes returning to me after a moment.
"Uh-huh. Sir, I don't see a lawnmower. Did you bring it with you?"
Why, no - I didn't. I completely forgot it. That was the intial response that went through my mind and I almost said it. "Yes, I have it outside. It's a riding mower. Do you want me to bring it in?"
"Yes, go ahead and get it and I'll process the exchange for you. I'll get someone to help you."
Wow. This was not at all what i was expecting. But then again, I remembered I was at Lowe's, not Home Depot (whose customer service really sucks).
So I go to get my lawnmower and guess who comes to help me...none other than John who is one of the many people I know at Lowe's.
"Lawnmower problems again, huh?" he said with a slight smile. Probably remembering my most recent episode from last week of tearing the lawnmower up after one day's ownership.
"Yep. I decided to get a new one. This one doesn't even start anymore and i don't want a lemon. I figured getting a new one was the best thing."
"Yeah. Good idea."
"Hey John, by the way, can we siphon the gas out of the old one into the new one? I mean...it's like 3 gallons and that's a lot of gas."
"Ummmm. Yeah - I guess so. Let me go get something."
Yes...I get my gas too!!! Awesome. Now, let me tell you something. I am getting ready to save you lots of money and heartache and headache. Notice the little hose thingy John is (attempting) to use to siphone the gas. THESE DO NOT WORK AND ARE CRAP! It took us 15 minutes to figure that out. Instead go for what's called a "Flo 'n Go". It worked in 2 minutes. Nice.


Now - about my left eye.

As I mentioned yesterday, I woke up with it red and it hurt really bad. Well, I woke up again this morning with it really red and still hurting bad. I could hardly keep it open. I decided to go to the eye doctor and see what was wrong. They told me to come in immediately and they would help me. I got there and they asked if I needed pain drops. I initially said, no - I'll be OK. But another girl looked at my eye and said...I'm going to give you one anyway - I know that hurts - you don't have to be in pain. I think she could tell it hurt because i kept squirming around and making faces. hahahaha
"Now this may sting a little, but your eye will feel better", she said.
Well, it didn't sting - IT BURNED!!! I wanted to pull my eye out. I think the lady felt bad about giving it to me initially. But after about 30 seconds my eye did feel better. And I waited about 30 minutes or so and it started hurting again and they gave me another drop and yes, it hurt really bad again too. After about 45 minutes I finally got in to see the doctor and she put some more stuff in my eye and looked at them etc. Diagnosis - something I can't pronounce. Long and short - After MXing on Sunday with my contacts, my face/eye got a little burnt and I slept in the contacts that night and they didn't need to be in there. When I took out the left one Monday morning when my eye was red/hurt I actually pulled part of my eye off. hahahaha Ahhh Yeah! I think that explains the fact that I still can hardly see out of my left eye. Anyway, I've got drops, to help heal it and it should be back to normal in a few days. Wohoo. If not, well, c'est la vie - right?
So, she told me to not go to work today (which I didn't - a good day to have off) and go home and sleep (which I didn't - i went and got a haircut). And I mowed with my once again new lawnmower.

OK - Long post, I know. And I'm not even supposed to be on the computer.

left eye, out (literally - hahahaha)

6 comments:

newsoneal said...

Sounds like this week is starting off much better than last.

f1rststory said...

heh - we'll see. i hope so.

Sweet Beth said...

i can not believe you pulled part of your eye out, did they say how long it would take for it to heal. will you be able to wear contacts ever again?

lisa said...

Amazing enough his eye is almost all better. It is still some what dialated but it is back to a normal color.

AmberShea said...

wow- i am really glad that you got good service b/c i would not want to be on your bad side when you are pissed off and in pain. :) hope the eye is gettin better. ; )

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you got good help at lowe's :o)