Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fly Me Courageous

Alright, well...I know it's been a couple of days, but I'm going to update you on what's been going on with me. First, the concert. It was fun but got rained out. The fun part was actually after the concert but instead of typing a bunch of stuff here and telling you about it - a friend of mine already has posted on it and I'm just going to link to it. heheheh, clever...i know. *link removed*

Then friday came around...blah blah blah - dad installed some doors, I went to the Dr., went to NC to get ready for the race.

And Today (this morning actually) I ran in the "climb" 5K. I finished in 28 minutes (in rain - i have pictures I may post later). not bad. Roughly a 9 minute mile the whole way...which is crazy...you really should see this hill - i ran up it the whole way. I think the fastest time in the race was at 20 minutes. It's a hard run. Anyway, Lisa was upset she didn't run in it and after the race decided she wanted to try...so, I ran another 5K. Yes, I ran it again. Insane. So I actually ran a 10K today. And I feel pretty good still. What's funny is that after the race we went swimming for a couple of hours and thenwent back to grandma's house. After a bit I decided to bike for about half a mile too, just so I could get in my own little triathalon. hahahaha

Luke ran the fun run which was on a trail through the woods (a cross country track). He started off a little fast in the rain and fell and scraped his arm up pretty good, then got up and started running again and finished the race (he got 4th). i was pretty proud.

Anyway, I am back home, packing for my trip tomorrow. My flight leaves at 8AM and I will be in St Louis this week, I know one night I have suite tickets to a ballgame in the new stadium, but not sure what else I'll do. I'll keep y'all posted, as always. heheh.

4 comments:

lisa said...

It's a good run. I never would have imagined it to be easier than what we run at home. I do wish I ran in the actual race. Honestly I thought it would kick my butt since I haven't trained for it.

You definitely kicked it today!

Johnny T said...

Nice work Timmy! I wish I could of been there to run it with you. You ran it twice, that sounds like you should be looking into running a 10k. Have a safe trip.

Johnny T said...

running man ~out~

Wendy said...

I wish that Steve or I could be that motivated to do something that has to do with physical fitness!