Thursday, August 10, 2006

Welcome to the show my friends...

duh duh duh...thanks for comin' round again...duh duh duh...take it to the top...duh duh duh...turn it up or turn it off...

That's the into to one of Drivin' & Cryin' s songs off their Smoke CD. They are in concert tonight and I am going to be there. I am pretty pumped. I'm actually going to be helping a group of people raise money - so I'm kinda going to be working. But - I still get to see the show. Ahhhh yeah. I'm pretty pumped about it. The last time I saw them was in 1991 on the "Fly Me Courageous World Tour". They've had some new stuff out since then (like CD above for one) that I've always thought would sound really cool live. Anyway, I'm going to get pics, etc. and post them on here tomorrow for ya. Only thing is, it's kinda drizzlin' right now, so I hope it doesn't rain out...I will be bummed about it if it does.

And...for those of you who have yet to donate...I am still running Sat morning rain or shine in the climb (uphill 5k) in NC. I've raised some fundage, but would love to get more. Remember it is for a good cause (sending underpriveledged kids to camp)...hello. And I will be running for Team ION. I'm a bit excited about that too...I saw the new "team" shirt yesterday and I must say it looks AWESOME! (of course I did help john a little on the design...hehehe). So - I'm hoping to get one soon.

Last but not least...i went longboarding last night at a local park that has some great longboarding hills. Who knew? There were about 5 of us there riding and having a good time...the closest thing to surfing away from the coast...so fun.

OK - so that wasn't the last thing...we watched last comic standing last night and saw Josh win. He's funny...but the self-deprecating stuff gets old. I hate to say it but I wonder if people voted for him to win because of his disability..i know, i know...but seriously...think about it. And after that was a show "america's got talent". Now the opening act was pretty amazing, this magician was awesome. Very David Copperfieldey. Impressive. For those of you who don't know, I used to do magic myself, quite a bit and I was pretty good at it too. I pretty much gave it up after college. I still have some stuff and know how to do it, and I must say, the guy last night was really good...very quick - impressive. There was one judge (piers, i think) who totally got personal on an act which was a bit mean. I understood where he was coming from but he didn't need to get nasty about it - this couple, who do a quick change act, had different outfits instead of different "tricks". The judge's arguement was about them doing the same "changes" and not something new. And he asked if they were dumb or deaf, since they didn't understand what he had asked for. He made the girl cry, but I think he would have made his point much better if he would have articulated what he meant first instead of calling them names. he did articulate what he meant, but it was too late. Anyway, the show sucks and I probably won't watch it again. I mean...how many of these types of shows can there be? And when David Hasselhoff is a judge and Regis Philbin is the host...it's just weird.

magic man...out....

3 comments:

Johnny T said...

you sound excited man! Hope the show goes well. I just saw your lovely lady, she's got your shirt. hope you like it, it's the only color I had in large. skating was fun, we'll have to check out the golf course.

lisa said...

Next time will make that corner! :)

Johnny T said...

How'd the race go?