Thursday, August 03, 2006

Election Day...

So, first I thought I'd update you on my eye situation. I am having to have it removed.

No just kiding....hahahaha it is actually doing MUCH better. I went to the doctor yesterday for a checkup and she said that my eye has regenerated awesomely. It's doing much better than she expected. "Of course it is," I told her. "I do have superpowers, you know. I used to think it was flight, but I have since figured out it is cell regeneration." hahahahahahah

Anyway, I should have all the sight back by this weekend and I have my next appointment scheduled for Sept. Now, to answer Beth, I will be able to wear contacts again, but not until after my next appointment. So...I'm not sure if that means no MXing...or just MXing with glasses (what a dork I am). Anyway - I should be good. Thanks to all for prayers, etc. i appreciate it.

Now, I get up this morning a little early to help a friend of mine (Ethan) who is running for office. I told him i would campaign for him a little etc. So I don the T-Shirt and head out to a local Elem School ready to encourage the voters to vote for him. Well, I did just that. i encouraged all 20 that I saw this morning. What was really funny is that a couple of girls came up to me (noticing the Ethan shirt - this very well could have been the first time they ever voted - they looked about 18-20) and said "We voted for Ethan. We really hope he wins."
"Great." I said, "I know he really appreciates your support. He'll do a great job. Do you know him?"
"No, we don't know him. We saw him out one day campaigning and he is so cute we decided to vote for him."
Yes...that is what they said. Ethan was so cute so he got their vote. I found this hilarious and tried not to laugh in their faces, and said "Well. Any vote's a good one. And just so you two know...he will do a good job anyway so you can rest easy about your vote."
Well, after this I called Ethan and told him and he had a good laugh about it. He really should have done some TV ads. Just imagine the landslide (you should see the people running against him...hahahahahah) Seriously - he will do good.

And Ed came by too. He's running for Senate and I think he has a pretty good chance, although Bob seems to be the front runner. He said hey and was happy to get his pic on the blog (seems he's a big fan of it - hahaha no, not really. just kidding).

I've got a meeting in a little bit so I have to get ready for that, but did want to give a shoutout to my birthday girl. We're celebrating her bday today (even though it was really tuesday).


Time to get off here now, I'll rap it up in the words of Kool Moe Dee, I go to work.

3 comments:

Johnny T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Johnny T said...

Hey check this out. It's satelite mapping software that you can layer on to a traditional road map and then plot out a route. It will then tell you distance and elevation as well as mark the miles. Great tool for road running or cycling. This particular one is from my house to yours. I think I'll ride my bike over there today.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=343310

Kel said...

So who'd you vote for? haha