Friday, February 10, 2006

Olympics XX - Winter Edition

As I sit here watching the opening ceremony of the XX Olympic Winter Games, I am reminded of why they are on every 4 years. No one would watch this crap every year. They are able to get by with a gymnasts hitting an anvil (with a rubber hammer) to create fire, which generates all these legs kicking around with people on roller skates and dancing and pretend fighting and a beating "heart" and a guy on a pair of roller blades "breaking" the heart in two (then catches on fire, no less) and then everything becoming white and these old guys blowing these big horns making cow sounds and these girls and guys come out dancing in cow uniforms and people dressed up as trees running around in a frenzy. Oh wait, now there's a little girl pretending to sing (bad lipsyncing) ... oh no now a bunch of eskimos singing an opera as the flag raises...oh thank goodness. A commercial, now back to something actually entertaining.

And to think these olympics are only going to last a couple of weeks. I am so glad I have 250 other channels to choose from.

You may be wondering why I'm even watching the opening ceremonies. Well, it's in HD and Lisa wanted to see them.

Crap...back on...a bunch of "smiley, happy people" running out from under the stage. They are not even in sync! I really hope these people are not paid to come up with this show. How clever, they made two X's. Brilliant. Oh wait, now some multicolored something blowing smoke. Can it get any better?

Here's how to understand what's going on...you have to listen to the commentators. What's great is that when they are not talking, you know they don;t know what's going on either.

OK, I must admit I'm a little impressed with the skiier thing. Well, up unitl the skiis, shot confetti out. Ohhh more people on fire...

i can't stand it...i think I'm going to put in a DVD of "The Family Guy". Now that's good stuff. Just ask Lisa. heh

4 comments:

Kel said...

I, on the other hand, have no channels. But I must admit, as entertaining as your commentary was, I'm glad I don't. Haha. Family Guy though...that's another story. "Brian" is the best.

Anonymous said...

Tim, thank you very much for that last comment. It helped a lot.

Johnny T said...

Ha. Penny's funny. What I don't get about the Olympics is that the y highlight the crappy sports all day long like.. Figure Skating. Who cares about triple sowcows?

AmberShea said...

your just jealous because you can't do a triple sowcow? umm... what is a triple sowcow anyways? : )
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!