Saturday, February 11, 2006

5 things.....

OK - I'm going to do the 5 things about me simply because I've been tagged twice. Enjoi.

1 - My favorite band is Switchfoot. They are the only group that I have every album they have ever done starting back in the day with the "Legend of Chin" demo CD - all the way up to "Nothing is Sound". The only other group that comes close to that with me are The Beastie Boys. I haven't bought their latest album. Actually, i think all of the Beastie Boys CDs (and cassettes) I have were free - thanks to Columbia House & BMG.

2 - I really miss skateboarding. I recently saw a video that was fairly new (within past couple of years) and I used to do all those tricks that were on there. I was pretty darn good. In a way, it makes me sad that I didn't continue to pursue the sport more so than I did. Of course, I wouldn't have what i have or be who I am today...

3 - I'm not a huge fan of computers or technology. Ironic, I know... I really enjoyed the days of hanging out with people - face-to-face, no phones always ringing. Actually reading and writing handwriting, being excited when there was mail (snailmail) - the old party line when you could listen to other people's conversations easily and even chime in. Rotary dial - which I still wish we had. I think a world of good would be done if middle/high schoolers had to use a rotary dial phone for a month or even a week. I miss the days of having cassette recorders and putting the 45's on a record player.

4 - I am extremely thankful for the fact that I know about the things above, and know them well - and the fact that I know more about technology and how to use it than the average person (or above average person for that matter). It gives a neat perspective to the world and i am glad to be in the generation that knows both things.

5 - I enjoy tests. The last time I took an IQ test (2 years ago) I scored 134. I remember that being pretty good, but not how good. I think I may take it again this year to see if I go up or down. i know they are pretty meaningless. Actually, I probably won;t take it again - it can be expensive. The last time I took a DiSC (last year) - I was a 7711. Just like all the years before. Not the same kind of test, mind you. Another test...Our office needed a certain Cisco certification for IP Telephony (VoIP). Granted I've not really worked with VoIP - just used it, I haven't messed around too much with their router hardware or software - and I just went and took the test without studying - and passed. That was a few months ago - i needed an 80something% and got 96%. Also, sudoko...i love sudoko and all kids of other puzzles. Mostly math puzzles - but i really get into word puzzles too...oh yeah, and name that tune...remember that show? Loved it.




"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. "
Albert Einstein

4 comments:

lisa said...

You're such a nerd and modest your not! :)

Steve, make sure you update Tim's DISC numbers in your PDA. :)

Kel said...

I'm with ya Tim in the old phones and LP's. As well as word games. I LOVE word games. I'm a scrabble pro and I always have a word game magazine going, crosswords, anagrams etc. A friend and I actually seriously talked about starting a "scrabble coffee house"...no joke :) I guess it's still an option some day if I ever make it stateside again.

Tonya said...

scrabble in arabic might be kinda fun!...but which direction would the words go?
my favorite puzzle book is 'math puzzles and logic problems' (remember Peru?) but i don't like the sodukus very much, they're too easy :) I LOVE cross sums
i have a roatary phone i'll sell ya

Johnny T said...

I remember the legend of Chin demo CD. I won it at youthgroup. I think it may have been my very first CD. I wasn't too much into music for a long time.