Friday, February 24, 2006

now birthing...ugly babies.

OK - So I fly down to Atlanta this morning (at 6AM no less) to drive out to this place for this weekend and to drive back for a show in Atlanta the rest of the week. Well, unbeknownst to me, I happen to be meeting some friends and other businessesmen from Atlanta in none other than the infamous Cleveland Georgia. What's so special about Cleveland GA, you ask? Well, I will enlighten you.

Cleveland Georgia is home to none other that the "Babyland" hospital. OK - some of you now get it. Others don't...let me explain further with two words: Cabbage Patch. Now do you know?

Yes, Cleveland GA is the mecca for all things Cabbage Patch and where all the Cabbage Patch kids are born etc. I know some of you will really wish you were here and are very envious of me. Have no fear. Would I forget you? No... Just for you, I did take pictures on my phone. Now you can share in my experience. This really is something to marvel and it is free to get in. More the reason why I like it. ;)

Oh - and Penny - I think I'm just about 40 or so miles from you guys. HAHAHA


























This is perhaps my favorite picture...

9 comments:

Johnny T said...

I didn't know cabbage patch kids were still being "born", but now that I do, this could change my life for ever. I give myself a year to collect every model ever made, it will definitely be worthwhile. My kids will be incredible grateful for passing on such a valuable collection onto them. This is going to be awesome.

Tonya said...

yes, very ugly!
i can NOT believe you went!

lisa said...

Please don't come home with any of those babies.....please no babies!

AmberShea said...

i can't believe that you LISA would not open your home to a CPD, i mean surly you would be willing to give them the love and attention they need. just think of all the CPD's that need a happy home and loving arms to beheld in. JT i suport you in your mission.

Tonya said...

hmmm, interesting that those who want one are the ones who don't have the real ones yet...

Kel said...

OH MY GOD! I used to go there all the time as a kid! I can't believe that place is still open, and damn if it doesn't look exactly the same. LOL! No joke, I was a huge Cabbage Patch Kid, kid. I had tons. They were WAY better than Barbie. I loved the Xavier Roberts signature on their asses...it's the best, and the only way to know if they're "authentic"!

Wendy said...

I had a fake cabbage patch doll growing up. My mom would not buy me a real one, so my grandmother bought one from a girl that made them. The girl worked in the same factory as my grandmother sewing. It looked real, but I messed it up by putting make-up on its face.

Anonymous said...

When Chuck Norris goes swimming, he doesn't get wet. The pool gets Chucked.

Anonymous said...

This is a comment regarding Al. E. Gator. I just returned from a walk along our usual walking path and I saw Al sunning himself right by the path. Did you give him some time off?