Tuesday, January 09, 2007

To The Ohio State Football fans...

Welcome to the SEC. ;) Last night demonstrated, what is known in the south, as an ass-whoopin. I'm not even a Florida fan, but I was rooting for them, because I knew Ohio State was WAY over-rated. They practically played high school football teams (with the exception of Michigan) all year and had this awesome record to be #1. Well, last night demonstrated why the SEC conference is the toughest in college football. Actually, probably half or more teams from the SEC would've beaten Ohio State. And, it would have saved Ohio State a LOT of embarrassment if there was a playoff system...they would have been eliminated early on and a real football game could've been played instead. Don't get me wrong, even thought I'm not a Florida fan (I'm actually a TN fan) I was so happy to see them win. Everyone told me I was crazy thinking they would win, but hey...I'd put any SEC team up against any other conference team any day to watch the carnage.

It amazes me how much commentators on ESPN, ABC, Fox, etc...never give the SEC any credit. They were actually surprised last night at how well Florida played...I mean do any of these guys ever watch football? If you had seen any games Florida played, you'd know they're fast, strong and can play ball (like all SEC teams). Insane....although it was funny watching Emmit Smith do the chop...I chuckled.

Oh well, maybe next year for the championship, there will be two comparable teams to make the game more interesting...which ultimately means there probably won't be an SEC team (since it's like pitting a NFL team against a HS football team, as we saw last night).

heh....

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I too was a Flordia Fan last night for probably the first time in my life. You have to root for the SEC though. Especially against those over rated teams that never play anyone. I mean take a look at the SEC, it's were all the true power houses are. So I must say Congrats to the Gators. Way to represent.

Anonymous said...

It was fun, I won $3.00. Your Florida Mom

lisa said...

woop woop...ah yeah!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on! First things first. Florida won the game and they were the better team. No questions about that. Ohio State was flat. It was awful. But to say they did not deserve to be there? On the way to the Championship Ohio State beat #2 Texas AND #2 Michigan. The SEC went 1-2 against the Big Ten in Bowl Games. Congrats to the Gators... they earned the title. But lay off the smack...

Buckeye Fan

lisa said...

Let's put it in perspective.

Records, by conference, in bowl games:

SEC 6-3
Big East 5-0
ACC 4-4
Mountain West 3-1
WAC 3-1
Pac-10 3-3
Big 12 3-5
Big Ten 2-5
Sun Belt 1-1
MAC 1-3
C-USA 1-4
Independents 0-2

No other conference even had 9 teams in the bowl games! GO SEC!!!!