Thursday, January 18, 2007

rollin', rollin', rollin'...


YeeHAW! I've been trying to think of some things to do to my Jeep to make it a little cooler, and recently (this morning) added some coolness to the vehicle. I needed to get new tires, so I went shopping for some areound to all the tire places. The quotes were between $500-$600 for plain tires for my jeep. Not off roadies or anything like that. One day I was at the Wal-Mart and said to myself, "self, what they hay...see how much tires are here." So I did. Well, to my delight, Goodyear Wranglers were only going to be $250 installed. WOW! So, an obvious no-brainer since they were twice that everywhere else! Since, I was planning on spending about $500 anyway, I decided to go ahead and see how much new wheels would cost. About $300. Yep. So I bought new wheels too (black instead of the old silver ones)! And now my jeep is starting to look even cooler than it already did. ;) Here's my pic...enjoy! Let me know what you think.

PS - Yes, I know I need to get the blue off...

4 comments:

lisa said...

Having seen it first hand, your wheels do look awesome.

Johnny T said...

I always like the look of black rims, very utilitarian and functional. Shiny chromes wheels don't belong on an offroad vehicle, unless of coarse you're Jay Z and then you definitely need some 24" dubs for the bling effect.

Kel said...

Just my hippy point of view, DON'T SHOP AT WAl-MART!!! They're evil! They sell cheap tires for a reason... they have blue on them,hahhahaha. Wear it off ;)Nonetheless, new tires are better than bald tires :) And black for a jeep is definitely better than chrome.

Sweet Beth said...

i like the blue on the tires.