Sunday, January 14, 2007

banged up, bruised, but not buried...yet

ouch. I decided to get out my little MX bike yesterday and play around in the yard and in the construction zone of the new house. Ever since demolishing my 12' jump I had in the yard that I'd hit with my racing bike, I've missed just being able to ride in the yard without having to go to a track. Well, yesterday was pretty nice and I hadn't started my little bike all winter and decided to get it out and ride.

I started off just riding up and down the road and around the yard and started having a blast! I then looked around and decided I could build some jumps and just see what I could do. I decided to start with this little rock pile, gravel really, that was piled in a mound and just go through it to see what happened. No, of course I wasn't wearing any pads or a helmet... :( Well, I hit the rocks and jumped! "WOW! OK, this could be cool", I think to myself. So I start jumping off of it seeing how high I can get etc. My son is watching (it's technically his bike) going "cool...good jump", etc. So I try going off the top of the pile...and lo and behold, that's when the rocks decide to fall out from underneath...although it didn't change the fact that I did get a pretty good air. I didn't however, get a pretty good landing.

I fly through the air, do the best I can with what I've got, and crash so hard...scraped up my back, messed up my left shoulder (still can't really move it) and threw my head into the ground. Now I know why I should always wear a helmet...hahahahaha.

After a few dazed seconds that feel like a year, I get up and clean off the bike and look around to make sure I'm not dead, and Luke yells out, "Dad, that was awesome. You almost landed a superman on my bike!!! That was awesome I can't believe you tried that!"

That's right, son...that's right. I almost landed a superman...

hahahahahahahahaha - I wish.

3 comments:

lisa said...

hmmm.... you must be busy, its Wed. and still no post. ;)

Kel said...

HAHA, sorry about the fall, but i have to laugh. Too bad I'm not there, I could work that shoulder out for ya. Anyway, I like the new look btw...I like the little rap in the previous post too..you're so talented ;)

Kel said...

p.s. what happened to the bathroom/showercurtain self portrait? *snicker, snicker*