Friday, June 09, 2006

testes, testes..1, 2 - check

hehe - some of you may have heard me do the "testes, testes..1,2 - check" on a microphone before to give a sound check...instead of "testing testing, 1-2". Before I forget I want to thank Nate Kiloren for the idea for that...anyhoo...I gave a sound check to myself today for real...hahahah. I decided to take Luke MXing this afternoon on a real track, etc. My dad met us there and wanted to watch us ride. Well, Luke went around in a circle a couple of times and decided to quit. Yes, we were there for only 15 minutes and he was done. Dad told me to go ahead and ride and he would stay with Luke and they would watch me. OK...sounded like a plan to me...so off I went. Never being at this track before, I started on it backwards...after a lap around I realized my mistake and turned around. Boy was it easier going around the right way...hahahah...the jumps were smoother etc. ;) Well, after going around it 2-3x I decided to start doing doubles - when you go off one jump and land on the second one - like a camels back - Let's just say I didn't make it...not enough speed, wrong gear, etc. I landed on the top of the second jump and the bike kicked out from under me...this was my first wreck of the day and the one where I screwed up my left hand (oh yeah..I'm typing this post with one hand...fyi). Ahhh, it's just my clutch hand - I don;t have to use it too badly - my index finger on my left hand is ok, so i could still change gears.
Anyway, I got up and started again. By now I was getting pretty good, hitting solid jumps...i totally blew my dad away (he thought I had been coming out to this track a lot and riding it - nope first time out here, I told him...to which he replied with some choice words...hahahah - i don;t think he believed me). So I next decided to try to get into the corners better and tighter and there was this one corner after a set of whoopty-doos, that was tight, filled with mud and had a huge straightaway with a BIG jump after it - i wanted to get that down...so i pushed hard around the corner and got too close inside. There were these big poles in the ground to keep you on the track...I hit one, with my right leg. I was expecting it to break away or fall down...nooooo...not for me - it stayed straight up and totally racked me and threw me off my bike. I'm sure it was a very comical site to see. Everyone could see it. I layed on the ground for a bit until I realized I was losing my gas...got up, turned off my valve, and layed back down. hahaha - I was in pain....I haven't hurt that bad since i was accidentally nailed in the groin during a sparring match in martial arts years ago...(at least they said it was an accident) - anyhoo...I did the testes, testes.. 1, 2 - check - both intact. Good. Painful, but intact. Meanwhile, I was passed while laying down - so I decided to get up and catch and pass back the guy who passed me - as soon as I did he got off the track. Oh well, win some, lose some...at least I didn't lose one today...hahahah.

Oh yeah...one more thing - one of the guys at work came up with this cool picture that he put on our toilet in the admin office. Here's a pic...It's a takeoff on Intel's new logo...I thought it was hilarious...he's selling them if you want one...let me know. ;)

~ciao~

5 comments:

lisa said...

Hmmm...maybe you don't have to go ahead with that surgery after all :)

Johnny T said...

Are you still good to run in the morning?

AmberShea said...

TIM!!!! i hope you know how much i lov eand miss you and lisa and luke and lib! i am sad that you were mx'in it when i stopped by today...but i hope ya'll come out next weekend for Day Quest!

AmberShea said...

ps you are hilarious

Kel said...

Hahaha, you have issues. That's all I can say.