Friday, June 16, 2006

ATL - :l: - LTA

well...i decided to make my title a palindrome. yes..it's kind cool...although it doesn't mean anything. It was originally going to be ATL - but that looked too boring so i added some crap and made it look like it's in a mirror. hehe.

On to the post...

I just got back from Atlanta and have decided to show some pictures of the trip. And let you know abou tit. hahahhahaha I mean about it. anyway... I left Weds afternoon driving down 26/85 in my rented Ford Five Hundred. (You may recall my last trip to ATL was also in a 500 and included a stop by the Cabbage Patch Kids Hospital) No Buick, you ask? Well, I normally rent from Avis which is where I get my blingbling cars, but settled for enterprise b/c they were closer and had a big gun available. I was supposed to get a Dodge Charger, but they were out. Whatever... It didn't even have a full tank of gas! I had to stop and fill up - that's where I saw this. Count to 20...I think that's for anger management - that gas station was interesting to say the least. So I get to ATL and got to Marriott's Residence Inn down at the GT campus. Very nice place...closest thing i could find to the Westin (which was where I was all day yesterday, but they didn't have any rooms available. Only place closer was the Marriott Marquee - and i didn't want to pay $300 for a room. Ahhh...the marquee...I remember when it was free, all the ballgames were free...the MLB days are over...Ster, why did you retire...hahahahaha.... - back to the story...So I opted for the Residence Inn (a bargain at only $170). I don't know if you've ever been to this one or not, so I took pictures...it's very cool...they are like apartments with everything you need right there. Full size fridges, ovens, and yes, even a doorbell and knocker. ;) Here are pics of the room, the lobby, and outside.

I leave that morning to go to the Westin - a nice hotel, but with a sucky parking garage. There are only about 10 spaces to park on each level. I had to drive up to #9 for the first available and this was at 7:45 in the morning. See pic with moon - very early. I know some of you haven't seen that before, so I thought I'd share. And there are some pics looking down as well. The one with the little ledge and fence. I climbed up there to take some pics and while I was standing on it, the fence came to my thighs and people would look up at me like I was going to jump...i faked it once and the guy looking at me jumped back in the street. I was amused. That's the guy in the pic with the van. He started hurrying off and I took his picture. hahahah

Well, the conference went on all day and I won't bore you with the detail...but I will tell you this. I bought a bluetooth headset for my phone and IT SUCKS! It sucks in more ways than one, too. Very versatile. A it sucks in its overall use. I can't hear through it, I get reports of muffled talk - and honestly, it's a bit uncomfortable. It's the Motorola HS850 - DO NOT WASTE $80 some odd dollars on this. If you are so inclined I have one to sell...otherwise it's going back to Best Buy. The second way the Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset Sucks (all named out for search engine's sake) is that is drains my Verizon Palm Treo 700w (which is a GREAT phone) battery like it was candy. I had my bluetooth on with it yesterday and within a few hours the battery was almost dead. Also...why is it that no matter when you go by the CNN sign...someone's always on it?

Oh yeah...one last thing...I have been invited to attend the Senate Leadership Summit for Young Professionals. Very Cool. One of our State Senators (the one I like to call Lamar...I mean Sen. Alexander...) sent me an invitation (only 300 people nationwide go to this) to go in Sept to DC. I'm going to sign up today. I think it could be lots of fun. At least I'll get to meet some other people there that could be beneficial in the future. No, I'm not going to go all Skull & Bones....yet...hahahahah...I'm saving that for my book...which by the way is developing into something very interesting...I have found several ties to certain things on the topic of my book that should make it a very engrossing and intriguing read...only problem is that people have died because of the information i have...so if i die soon, unexpectedly...it may be because some of my stuff got out. Oh well...hahahahahah, just kidding. ;)

I would like to leave you with this...

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
- Mark Twain

Seacrest, out -

3 comments:

Tonya said...

yay, i'm glad you didn't jump :)
Thanks for letting me invade for the week.

f1rststory said...

no prob - anytime

Tonya said...

I have to add my dittos on that particular headset- it sucks. take it back and get a better one