Thursday, June 08, 2006

da house...

well, we worked hard yesterday...i'll try to get another pic on here. I think the basement is pretty much finished. The floor will be poured next week and the framing should start next week too. So now...it should move along pretty quickly. Yea! My foot hurts from where I dropped rebar on it (while wearing vans)...I started using my hiking boots (nice Salamon's) and ripped the sole in half (although surprisingly they are still waterproof). I got a little sunburnt (hazard of working without your shirt while not having a tan, yet) and had 2 energy drinks to help me through the day. Wild. Also, one of the worker's son came over yesterday too...he's in highschool - actually in my old small group - and i showed him how to ride a MX bike - which he was stoked about, and showed him how to do a few tricks on a skateboard. He used to skate...he didn't realize that i did too...i was pretty happy - everything i showed him i landed first time: kickflips (reg, 180, shuvit, fakie, fakie 180), one-foots, shuv-it manuals, etc. - he has now told me that i shall teach him more and go skating with him some...to which i agreed. Very cool...i told ya..only a little bit to get warmed back up.

Oh yeah...pretty good news, i think...i am now down to 207. nice, huh? so many people have told me they have no idea i weight so much, but oh well, it's still going down. I'm pretty proud of myself. Plus if i start skating again, that will help too. I'm also thinking of running again as well...i've been a couple of times lately around the university and their fitness trail. i think i may enter the "climb" again this year. A couple of years ago (for those of you who don't know) I got 3rd in my age group in that race. It's in NC and is a 5K all uphill. Well, most of it anyway. A very steep grade. I didn't do it last year, but I will this year...kinda like a family tradition. It's in August - plenty of time to get ready. I want to place again.

And to just note on my blog when i look at it in later years...today is the day we got zarqawi. That's big news. Later on when the liberal think tank starts talking about a conspiracy and how he's still alive etc. I will be able to look back at my blog (b/c I'm sure the history books will leave it out) and see that today is the day he died. heheh.

And one last thing...from my absolute favorite author - (Mark Twain, in case you didn't know...) I will leave you with some suggestions on how to improve the english language...

I mai even start posteng xis wai......


"For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "gj" anomali wonse and for all.

Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wudhev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld. "

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), "A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling"

3 comments:

Johnny T said...

Wow! That's a lot of very postive news. Good to hear.
I'm all for you running, at one point you and Lisa said you wanted to run/train for a marathon. It's on my blog.
In fact, this saturday is a 5k run/3k walk in Elizabethon. I think you should run it, and don't give me the I'm not ready yet excuse. I'm running it and I got my Mom to do the walk. So come on and wear your ION shirt.

lisa said...

John, why would I run now that I can carve? ;)

f1rststory said...

alright...i just may see you in the morning...