Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Home Depot Sucks...

yes, you read right. The Home Depot sucks. So, i kinda knew nobody really shopped there and i had heard rumors that their customer service was awful, but i didn't believe it. Until today. I had to get some extra keys made for our rental house so the girls could get in since I changed the locks. Well, I went to home depot thinking it would be quicker than Lowe's since the parking lot is always empty. I found out why it's always empty. In order to have 6 keys made, I waited at the key making kiosk for 10 minutes, then went to customer service who said they'd page someone. Waited another 10 minutes, never heard the page. Went back to the desk. They forgot to page. They then paged, waited 5 minutes after that...still no one. So i went across the street to Lowe's, went inside and up to their key making kiosk. waited 2 minutes (1 person was in front of me), got my six keys made and was out the door in a total of 6 minutes.

I will never go to The Home Depot again.

Lowe's Rules.

Yes, you can quote me on that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny, 'cause here in Houston it's the other way around. I can never get any kind of service at Lowe's, but everyone here at Home Depot is friendly and on the ball. Sorry you had a crappy experience!

lisa said...

Yeah... I'm sure it all depends on local management. All I know is I have no idea how our local Home Depot stays in business...it's that bad.

Unknown said...

Personally, I think you should never shop at either Home Depot or Lowe's again! They take the customer for granted, and hire idiots.

Support you local hardware stores and hopefully we'll see a big shift in this country!