Monday, March 13, 2006

Seattle, WA

The weather has been awesome! No rain, yet. Very cool. I'm going to try to get everything in here that happened today. Tomorrow is Microsoft day - may be boring. Today was not. ;)

First, i got upgraded for my car. I had reserved the Pontiac Vibe (one of the cheapest, yet functional vehicles) but to my great delight I was upgraded to THE Buick LeSabre (one of my favorite cars) with XM Radio, etc. Loaded. Yes, many people refer to this as an old people car...I don't care, I love Buicks! Kinda takes me back to some of my Law Enforcement days.


I check into the room...and wow - what a view...Seattle is the place to be!

So i get up this morning and Piers' plane gets in at 10:30a PST - so I have tons of time on my hands. I decide to drive up to the university of Washington to get some souveniers at the bookstore (fyi, i collect college and MLB stuff [hats mostly] when I actually go to the campuses and/or games - already have a Seattle Mariners hat from when a friend of mine played for them). Well, to my surprise, they were having a huge book sale. 90% off. Yes I bought some books - yes I love to read. Shocker, I know.




On my way back down to Seattle, Piers called and said he was here (oops) and ready to be picked up whenever I felt the urge to come get him. I told him I'd be there in an hour os so and that he should grab a coffee or something. HAHAHAHA - no really it only took a sec to get him. We came back to the hotel, dropped off his stuff and went to eat at Anthony's at the harbor. Great oysters and Salmon! wow - that's all I got to say about that.











We decided to go to the space needle, paid our $14 (kim, do i get reimbursed on that?) and went to the top. Yes I have pictures. Actually, I'm sure i won't get reimbursed so I filmed the whole walk around of Seattle from the needle. If you would like to donate to the fund to get my $14 back, I will let you see the videos. ;)






I even caught Piers in a rare moment going down a handrail - yes i have video of that too. One thing I don't have video of was when we were in downtown, we were beiside a car at the redlight who had his music thumping (DMX or something similar). I asked Piers if he was feeling pretty good, kinda strong in this awesome weather, to which he replied, "yeah, it's great...". He had no idea what was in store for him. I rolled down the windows, cranked up the XM radio pretty loud and started getting everyone's atention. Even the guy beside us gave a nod. Oh but the caveat is that I had Opera music blasting. Piers was laughing, I had the straight gangsta face. What was anyone going to do? We were in a Buick! Ahhhh yeah....


We decided to drive around town (downtown) and see the city - and yes I got some pictures.









After a bit we stopped for a piece of pi. we were hungry.









Then we started heading back down to SeaTac where we're staying and Mt. Rainier looked so cool from the road, I told Piers we were going there (he had no choice since I was driving).

Well, on our way there i started noticing the oddest signage. Fines were all $101, not $100, but $101 and there were volcano evacuation route signs. See the pics.

















The buick handled superbly all the way through the park - potholes and all (also avioding a large bobcat the size of my black lab...windows were quickly but quietly rolled up). Even Piers commented on how smooth the car handled. i had to fill him in on the fact that it was my expert driving (all the experience I've had off-roading) and not the car. To which he replied, oh ok..that makes sense, you do have a jeep. To which, I replied...hahaha what am I thinking? It is the Buick!

Buicks rule!

Now it's 6ish and we're debating on where to go to eat. Hmmmmm....priorities...guess I have to get off here now. Until Tomorrow.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

sounds like a fun day! and good weather-amazing!

Johnny T said...

I don't care what you say, a buick will never be cool, save the classic ones from the 40's - 60's. My grandmother used to drive a LeSabor, nothing good about it.
Seatle is definitely a cool city, if you get some time- go down to the water and rent a sea kayak for a while.
Ranier is also really cool, too bad you didn't take your snowboard, or did you.

Kel said...

I've never been to Seattle. I've heard from John it's cool.
I love the Opera music thing, hahhaaha, that's too funny. I'm one of those weird people that loves Opera too though :/
It sounds like you're having a great time!

Tonya said...

i used to live right outside seattle, but i do't remember much.

did you know that yesterday was pi day? march 14...the first 3 digits of pi- 3.14 here's a link cause you're the coolest! http://www.piday.org/

AmberShea said...

Tim.... while you have been gone i have been laying on your couch, eating your food, and taking care of your animals. Did i mention that i am obsessed with Lukes Magnets?? they are so much fun! Last Night... Julia Brannum and Lauren Vernon came over to watch 24. Lauren told me to tell you HI. so HI. lol see you thursday or friday I guess. Did Lisa tell you that she is letting me borrow your Van this week ... muuuhahaha. : P i am sportin the van and your sportin the Buick. nice ... : )

Tonya said...

uuuuhhh, i guess that would make today...the 14th...pi day...i figured that out all by myself...11 hours later haha!