Sunday, January 22, 2006

Superheroes


The subject of superheroes came to my mind yesterday as the kids and I watched the Incredibles. What a great movie! Inspiring is the word that I kept coming to. So much so, that I rendered myself in art form - sporting a very cool super hero pose, if I do say so myself - and liked it so much it is now my profile pic. It also got me to thinking of when I was younger and was invincible and fancied myself as a bit of a super hero. Most super powers, as you may or may not know, stay with you for a long period of time. Flight however, can be tricky. As I have found out. After marriage and having a couple of kids your super powers change. I used to be able to fly back before marriage and kids. I know, I know, the super power of flight is on everybody's top 3 list of super powers. But I could really do it. So, after reminiscing about the glory days for a few hours, I decided to see if I still had the flight still in me. And yes, I filmed the event.

Now, as I stated above, flight is a tricky super power. And needless to say - I am a bit rusty. I do believe though, that with some practice and concentration, I may be able to achieve flight again. I think you will agree after seeing the clip below. I need to try it without walls and roofs. that would probably help.

Also - FYI - it's almost 1MB.

11 comments:

Tonya said...

ROFLOL!

Johnny T said...

Pure hilarity. That's a 9.5 on the Post rating Scale.
Flight is a pretty good super power for sure. Keep trying maybe you need a little more Height, try the roof. Do it.

Sweet Beth said...

i am just wondering if you did this in the middle of the night when no one was up or is Lisa filming you. and is that a picture that you drew or is is computer animated, pretty cool. and Lisa, i hope you have a pretty good insurance policy out on Tim, because when he starts jumping off buildings and bridges you might just need it.

Johnny T said...

I just had a thought. If you're even halfway serious about this yuo need to go skydiving. I talked Rob and Carl into doing it and all of us loved it. Just tell me when and I'll try to be there.

lisa said...

ok...the funny thing was, Tim was filming this by himself while myself and a friend were in the kitchen. The kids were down stairs playing and Libby kept yelling "what is that" every time Tim hit the floor. Tim is pure entertainment, especially if he has an audience. The bad thing is he has figured out that he has one through this blog...so beware!

And, John, I'm pretty sure his mother reads this blog, I don't know how smart it is to be encouraging such behavior as jumping out of a perfectly good plane.

And, yes, I will be raising his insurance policy.

Anonymous said...

Tim, boy do I remember those days when you used to "fly" off the roof, but you usually had a skateboard under you then!!
Careful!
MOM

Wendy said...

I laughed so much that I cried. I loved the Xmen and still do. Do you have any powers that are like theirs? If you do, I would love to see them.

murph411 said...

Newsflash: All your super powers from before you got married and had kids come back after you get snipped.

Steve said...

John, Tim doesn't need to skydive. He can fly. But he's not very good at it.

Johnny T said...

¡Dígitos Dobles! Es hora para un nuevo poste.

AmberShea said...

tim, i can almost fly as good as you! lol