Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pants and Red Lobster



I know - I probably shouldn't post twice in one day, but I feel compelled to do so. i was at a Business Lunch today going over some things on how we can work with a local chamber of commerce. Anyhoo, the waitress brought my sweet tea and then proceded to touch me after a joke and instead knocked a the whole glass of tea on me (pants & shirt). Yes I was miffed, and cold. heh. She said she would be right back with something to clean it up. One of the women with the chamber suggested she bring soda water. The waitres didn't. She brought regular water and a towel with a little something on it - I believe the word is bleach. So, I proceeded to wipe the tea off, not initially realizing there was bleach in the towel, and it took the tea right off. You know what was amazing...it also took the color off of my pants as well! Anyway, the manager said they would buy me a new pair of pants and they all felt really bad. So, We'll see if they buy me a new pair of pants. I'm taking them to them tomorrow with this link...
http://www.kohls.com/products/product_page_vanilla2.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=219539325&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=27513281&bmUID=1137534632594

And yes, those are the pants I am wearing, only a different color. So, we'll see if they ante up. If so, go eat at Red Lobster, if not...never go there again. More to come tomorrow.


11 comments:

lisa said...

What do you mean she tried to "touch" You ? maybe I need to go back with you ;)
And to clarify, we didn't spend $75.00 on those pants. Maybe originally they cost that much but not by the time we got our hands on them. I haven't spent that much money on pants since high-school!

Tonya said...

you know, the bleach spot kinda looks like a lobster too-except not red!
I've never spent that much on a pait of pants..not even in HS, a dress maybe, but not pants :)

Wendy said...

Last year when I was in JC, mom took me to Cheddars with the girls for lunch. The waitress had five to six drinks on her tray. She came over and spilled all of them on me. Of course, the towels they gave me did not have bleach on them. My bottom was wet all the way down to my feet. All I got was a free desert!

Johnny T said...

Man- I wish I could have been there-definitely would have done the point and laugh.

anyway:
"It's cool to pee your pants!"

AmberShea said...

hahaha i will never go to Red Lobster. i don't trust seafood 600 miles inland. i think the woman didnt really think you joke was funny... "Haha your joke is sooo funny haha whoops tea in your lap... ( that got him to shut up )" lol jk if you ever need someone to laugh at your jokes cindy and i are here and we wont spill anything on you PROMISE! .....gosh lisa throw him a bone LAUGH AT HIS JOKES! they are funny most of the time!hahaloljk

Sweet Beth said...

so knowing your tip stratgy, did you leave this waitress a tip? did she keep your water glass full?

Tonya said...

hey, do you want this monitor that schitzed out on me? something inside it burned out...whatever it is that produces the light so that you have a picture...otherwise we are going to ditch it- I just don't know if it's an easy fix that someone else can get some use out of it

f1rststory said...

not only did i not leave a tip...actually i did give the manager a tip to fire her...no just kidding. They're going to buy me new pants. Anyway, tonya, with the monitor, it's not worth anything when it kaputs, but you must dispose of it properly. You can't (not supposed to) just throw it away. I'm sure somebody in the Trianlge Park will know how to dispose it.

Johnny T said...

So check this out! My T.V. will not turn off. I hit the power button it blinks and nothing else. This is odd because I've recently lost almost all interest in T.V. In fact since I've been back on Maui I've watched maybe 2 hours. I think it misses me or something, you know like a clingy girlfriend. This relates to the computer moniter in case your wondering

Sweet Beth said...

hum, john so you say you have lost all intrest in tv, you forget to tell everyone that i was the one who hated the tv because it was your new best friend. you would get in that daze with remote control in one hand and carnation instant in the other. if it hadn't been for me intercepting the situation you would still be sitting in front of that tv, clueless that anything else.
p.s.
this pic of me that shows up and the name, is all john's doing, i am actualy in the VW you just can't see me

Tonya said...

thanks tim, i knew about dumping electronics, we have somewhere to take it...we have a tv to dump too-that's why i got a new one for christmas :)