Friday, December 12, 2008

The Ultimate Rejection Letter

Times are hard and the economy is bad. I thought I'd help out those of you who are looking for a job and feel you have been given the shaft by many potential employers. I found this copy of the ultimate rejection letter and and wanted to share. I hope it's beneficial to you. haha

The Ultimate Rejection Letter


Herbert A. Millington
Chair - Search Committee
412A Clarkson Hall, Whitson University
College Hill, MA 34109

Dear Professor Millington,

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I
regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me
an assistant professor position in your department.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually
large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field
of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Whitson's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in
rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at
this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of assistant professor
in your department this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,
Chris L. Jensen (of this is made up and you can put your name here)

No comments: