Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Riding bikes and previewing BMW's

OK - so yesterday was a blast. Me and some friends (JT, Trigg, Beck & Silas) went for a bike ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway (I believe some pics will be on Facebook soon). We went from 4000ish feet up to 6000 feet in a 20 mile ride and then 20 back. It was awesome! Best bike ride I've ever done (given I've only done like 5 since I've had my bike...hahaha). But I'm going to tell you what really made the day...

BMW. Yep, they were out test-driving a new model on the Parkway yesterday - and do they look cool! I'm ready to trade my FJ in on one now. Too bad it'll be a couple years before they're out. They were all taped up like in the magazines and they were only driving black and dark gray ones. I even got to talk to one of the guys for a little bit (helped me brush up on my German, he wouldn't talk to me in English). Super fun. He wouldn't tell me the model name/number, but it was funny because he was so startled by the fact that I spoke German his demeanor changed immediately. It cracked me up...as I think it did some of the guys riding bikes.

Oh well, look for a super cool BMW car/SUV thing with a steep sloped back/hatch, coming soon to a road near you!. ;) heh heh

No comments: